[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me (Asian femanon from developed Asian country) >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: $_57.jpg (133 KB, 1600x1099) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
133 KB, 1600x1099
>Be me (Asian femanon from developed Asian country)
>I feel like most people feel like white people are the best-looking and disagreeing will only make me look stupid
>Like people will immediately assume a half-white person is good-looking and they think having pale skin, double eyelids is good etc.

How to feel better about this?
>inb4 tits or gtfo, etc
(Pic unrelated)
>>
You don't. Do you boo boo.
>>
>>17260283
White guy here. Prefer Asian women over white women. Take that as you will.
>>
My wife is Chinese and she harps on about all that stupid shit while her inner soul is very toxic. Looks shouldn't be everything but they are in this vain trashy society. Find a like minded counterpart and stop fretting over shit you cannot change. It is what it is

If your Chinese though I gotta say fuck your culture sickens me all your 有车有房, 高富帅,白富美,有钱就好了 retarded sayings sicken me. Its where any shred of pure "love" goes to die and gets used for status with feeling of superiority.
>>
>>17260283
Hey, I'm another Asian femanon. Just don't listen to them. Most of the people that perpetuate these kinds of ideals are ugly as fuck, so they're just projecting their insecurities onto you. There are many types of beautiful, it's not limited to just white skin/double eyelids etc. Love yourself as you are. It's a long process, so take babby steps. P.S. Don't turn to white men with yellow fever like >>17260320 to validate you.
>>
Non-white, non-Asian speaking.

Literally fuck every beauty standard that you didn't invent on your own.
>>
>>17260417
Disagree. Beauty has been spoken of by smarter individuals than myself, and I would be a fool to rely on an aesthetic designed by a short life.
>>
>>17260417
t. An ugly brown manlet
>>
>>17260283
I'm a white Singaporean femanon and I've always been bullied in school and on the streets for how I look. I normally get "red monkey" hissed at me in the supermarkets. I live in the UK in London, since I lived here I've never been called monkey.

Good looks are personal taste anon, if ur unhappy with your self there's better ways for you to embrace who you are than pretend to be something else
>>
>>17260437
>white Singaporean

What?
>>
>>17260403
"Yellow fever" anon here. Why the fuck is it that I can't have a preference without automatically being labeled as having a sickness or something? I don't fetishize Asian women, I'm able to find women of all races attractive, but again in general I prefer the Asian aesthetic. Is this bad? Am I a bad person for this? Can anyone explain this to me? So fucking tired of having to feel like there's something wrong with me for something I can't control
>>
are you in london?
>>
>>17260447
Daddy is a banker or hedgie I guess
>>
>>17260283
>I feel like most people feel like white people are the best-looking
kek. It's just a fad, it'll pass. Because it's not true by any measure. Also, "white people" and "asian people" are very wide classifications; genetics depends a huge amount on your nationality and what "class" you're born in. If you're low-class (note that this isn't just about money, but also the careers of your parents- if they were academics, you're likely to be smart) you're more likely to be ugly and stupid, while if you're high-class you're more likely to be smart and attractive. Point is, there are lots of factors into your genetics and simply stating your race doesn't even begin to narrow down your features.

What you're witnessing is actually probably just due to the fact that no one is forming relationships any more in Asian countries. Doesn't mean you're ugly, it's just how it is.
>>
What's a double eyelid?
>>
>>17260283
Wow I knew that they treated westerners with decency over in Asia, but that sounds excessive. Move to Europe or America, and you'll most likely find some attractive foreigners.

Or just respect the consensus opinion and keep yours to yourself if it would offend people.
>>
>>17260403
Don't be an asshole. There's having "yellow fever" (kinda creepy) and there's having a type (basically fine), and absolutely nothing he said suggested he's the former and not the latter.
>>
>be 1936 Munich
>peers hate jews with a passion
>say there's proof the're subhuman
>really messing with my morals
>how do I feel better about this?

You don't.

Realize you have a perfect way of determining who's a brainwashed bigot and who isn't. It's called racism, you don't feel better about things of that sort.
Have a friend from Thailand. Was bullied half of like because he's dark skinned and the rest want very white skin.
>>
>>17260731
Second set of eyelids for underwater.
>>
>>17260808
The only way people get brainwashed is to be racist. I believe a lolberal would believe that
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>17260731
Monolid and double eyelid
>>
>>17260283
In America, asian women are the most sexualized and sought after ethnic group. However, I have noticed that a lot of asian countries glamourize white women. Strange. I'm half Indonesian and half white, and my Indonesian family said that white, pale, and blonde women were highly sexualized in their country. My bf is asian and he said too, even that blonde white women, white women with green eyes, and red headed women are attractive because they are "rare."

People want what they can't have, or what they do not see often. Because they stand out from what they see normally. At least that's my theory.
>>
>ITT: People role-play as asian ladies

Nah but can we really can't even believe that you're not a trap or even a weeb. But in any case I'm literally the average white guy, I can say I'm typically jealous of Asian men's looks. But I prefer white women, even though most of them are imbeciles.
>>
OP
asians like the whole double eyelid-white thing just because we've never seen white people until pretty recently in history. but it's a bit fetishized. Like asians go gaga over white/black people and pay to take pictures with them, but they'd certainly never marry a nonasian. xenophobia at its finest. I'd give it a few more years until the stupidity dies out, younger asians are more accepting

>>17260833
i'm asian with a double eyelid and i am actually somewhat jealous of monolid people. because eyeshadow and mascara actually show so much better and don't stick to the inner eyelid.
>>
>>17260283
People think this in Asian countries?
Are Asian countries filled with whites now?

That's so weird. If it helps, I think Asian countries and white countries should be completely separate. We look very different, have a completely different family unit, and have different ideas about life as well. I'd never think about dating an Asian guy out of principle. We should be separate.
>>
Depends on how chinky your features are. Pig nose/squinty are just terrible.

I mean double eyelids and a non pigsnout are objectively good. Have you considered surgery?
>>
>>17260866
>People want what they can't have, or what they do not see often. Because they stand out from what they see normally. At least that's my theory
we should invent a word for that, maybe "exotic"
but yea no shit sherlock, I'm a beaner and not that exotic here in Texas but when I go to places where the mexican population is lower, girls don't stop coming up to me begging for this dick.
To be fair, some girls in Texas say they like my accent although they don't say the same about any other friend with accent
>>
>>17260890
i was an asian with a fat monolid and applying eyeshadow sucked, because literally half of it always ended up hidden under the eyelid.
Plastic surgery reduced my eyeshadow consumption and time spent on makeup, i'm super happy.
We don't fetishise western looks, there are a lot of white people in my town, but half of girls do this operation to simply make eyes bigger.
Monolid can have similar problem too.
>>
>>17260417

This. The fact that everything defined as "beautiful" or "ugly" is completely arbitrary and almost entirely based on socialization is incredibly obvious, yet people almost never acknowledge this fact unless they don't fall in the "socialized beauty" category.

I think this is because all of the "beautiful" people, having been accepted by society and praised for their looks, would never have incentive to reject a standard of beauty that works in their favor. Furthermore, if an "ugly" person rejects society's standards of beauty, it's easy for people to say that the only reason they reject "socialized beauty" is because they are ugly and it doesn't work in their favor.

That may or may not be true, depending on the case, but the fact remains that beauty is completely subjective, arbitrary, and based on a socialized perspective - and failing to recognize that fact is the main reason behind the self-loathing mixed with racial romanticism described in OPs post.

For the record, I do fall into the "socially accepted beauty" category - however I didn't always, and that helped me to recognize how retarded the whole concept is. I believe it's fine for people to have preferences - what one person finds beautiful another could find hideous - but the real tragedy is when people take these personal preferences and try to apply them to some global scale that determines whether or not someone should be considered beautiful.

I'm not stupid enough to consciously let other people make my decisions for me, nor am I dumb enough to think that my own standards of beauty should apply to everyone in the world.
>>
>asian femanon
>>
>>17260327
>t. beta cuck that fell for the loyal asian waifu meme
>>
>>17260283
There are a ton of americans with yellow fever.
And a lot of us are fed up with western women. I'm sure you're fine, dont overthink it.

You weren't born black. be happy about that

t.r9k
>>
>>17260486
More of a white trash thing, my parents are dutch
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.