[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help my ex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: is_150811_suicide_800x600.jpg (526 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
is_150811_suicide_800x600.jpg
526 KB, 800x600
SO my ex has been posted a worrisome photo of himself. Yes i lurked... whatever. Basically it said he had a bad night, and posted a photo of him covered in words like faggot and other negative words. I want to know what I should do? I'm insanely worried, and if he's cutting himself, or idk. I'm just worried. he complained he can't cope because he just makes everyone mad. Is this a good time to step in? It's been about three months since we last talked and I don't know how to go about this. I'm also worried that his depression medication may need to be stronger then.
>>
He's your ex and also, he sounds like an edgyelord and attentionwhore. Move on and let him wallow in his "misery"
>>
If you're concerned about him, I'm sure it's fine to reach out and let him know you support him. The key, defining trait of people who commit suicide is social isolation. When people have friends, they do better. The vast majority of people who commit suicide are socially isolated.
>>
Sounds just like a huge faggot indeed, don't try to help him.
>>
>>17260097
>>17260093
See this is my conflictor. I got raped about 3 months ago, and the reason we stopped being friends was the fact he didn't once ask me if I was okay. I kinda blew up and told him I didn't appreciate the way he had hurt me and I cant really be his friend anymore.

>>17260094
But see you're the other side. What do I say? Dude what the fuck is going on are you okay? I've been heard all sorts of ad and weird shit and I wanna know if you're alright?

Point is I don't wana be his friend, but just because I don't... it doesnt mean I wanna see him die. I was tempted to go to the police and ask if someone could make a welfare check over a report they had.
>>
>>17260094
And as for social isolation... he kinda does it to himself. I got tired of him using me as a side bf until he found a man, he bascially just hangs around other dudes and sleeps around, and then he used to complain I was the only one in the area who wanted to hang out with him.
>>
>>17260089
>Basically it said he had a bad night, and posted a photo of him covered in words like faggot and other negative words.
i dont know why, but this made me kek so hard, im sorry.
>>
>>17260089
i dont know if it would be a good idea for you of all people to reach out to him. youre likely a big cause of the way hes feeling right now. if you contact him he might get it in his head that theres some kind of hope of you two getting back together, itll just fuck with him more. contact one of his friends or someone he knows and ask them to talk to him.
>>
>>17260105
ah... this does change my advice a bit. My point about social isolation stands, but you also need to consider yourself. You did a hard and strong thing, which was stand up to him. Not everyone can do that. Going back to him, I imagine, will make you lose some self-respect. Because if he treated you as the side guy, it means he showed you no respect in the past. Don't accept people who treat you like that. If you do reach out, I can guarantee he'll just go back to taking you for granted. So yeah, I'm flipping - leave him to his own problems, and focus on your own life, and finding worthwhile people to share it with.
>>
>>17260089
Attention whore alert.

Check on him but most likely he wants attention. If he is a complete loner you need to get him proper help.
>>
>>17260101
>the reason we stopped being friends was the fact he didn't once ask me if I was okay.
try thinking about it from a different perspective though. he sounds like an asperger socially retarded faggot, maybe he just didnt know how to reach out to you or what to say, or if you wanted him to say anything at all.
>>
>>17260123
>most likely he wants attention.
its likely, but theres no rule that says "attention whores wont kill themselves". most of them wont, but not everyone is the same.
>>
>>17260114
Yeah he can be overly dramatic.

>>17260118
See thats how I felt. I wanted to ask someone he's asked to hook up with once if they would do it because I didn't wanna be involved. Or ask a family member or friend of the family to help. I don't think he really wanted me romantically. I think he just wanted a toy

>>17260121
See thats what I got tired of. He constantly tried calling me an alcoholic, but im a social drinker, I drink when Im with friends, but not even that much since im such a lightweight. Plus I would drink when I wanted to talk with him about something serious since I was afraid of losing him for the longest time. I'm less worried about my own respect than his life which is hard. I kinda wanna say im not doing this as a friend, but i don't wanna see you die either
>>
>>17260123
Yeah he is an attention whore, but at the same time I don't wanna risk it. He's a great and shitty guy. it just makes it weird since i've known him for almost 8 years this year

>>17260124
Thats what i've been thinking. With him having depression, and a whole bunch of other stuff, maybe I overreacted a little bit, but it was hard and I felt so scared and alone for so long and it caused me to lash out

>>17260132
I also don't want him doing stupid shit thats gonna get him hurt either.
>>
No idea what to do
>>
>>17260089

The fact that he is posting stuff like that, is because he craves attention.

You should be worried if you hear nothing, and he keeps you in the dark.

Anyway, help him if you feel the need to. Drop him if he refuses your help. You did your best, you tried and it is a waste of energy if you try to help someone that does not want to be helped.
>>
This is a scary subject that hits abit too close to home for me

I have had it happen at least 6ish times in 2 different relationships, my partners threatened to kill themselves if I don't do X or stay. What your going through is hard I understand the feeling of wanting to help them but becareful you are not roped into a situation where he manipulates you into doing something or else he will kill himself. Tread very cautiously and protect yourself, I can tell by your post how much its affecting you and if I can read it he can see it and that maybe the only road he can use to get under your skin then your fucked
>>
>>17260266
>>17260363
I doubt it's actually over me. honestly we haven't communicated on 3 months. two and a half after I told him I didn't wanna be his friend with the way he was treating me. and his response was to block me so I doubt I really affected him as much as he did me
>>
File: ClDAwxWUsAAPcnu.jpg (167 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
ClDAwxWUsAAPcnu.jpg
167 KB, 630x1200
the photo if anyone is interested.
>>
>>17260441
Definitely insane.
>>
>>17260089
>what I should do?
nothing block him and stop staking his shit.

why did you guys break up?
>>
>>17260457
I basically got tired of him treating me like crap.and not respecting me
>>17260453
hence my concern
>>
File: 2016-06-16 09.09.19.png (330 KB, 540x443) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-16 09.09.19.png
330 KB, 540x443
also last conversation we had
>>
>>17260461
>treating me like crap
>not respecting me
>"i'm worried about his posts"
I'll never understand this logic...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.