[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Public housing/homelessness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
Hopefully someone can answer this for me; I'm over 18, and I really have no where to go

So
Do I just try and live on the street somehow? Or is there such a thing as public housing for single young adults?
I don't have a job currently I've been trying but I have some issues; mental illness and some personal problems that have been impeding me.

Help?
>>
>>17259865
Not sure if in US or not, but I know if my city we have a few hostels that will exchange work for housing.

I had a friend who would work 20 hours a week at the bar next door the hostel's owner co-owned, and in return was allowed to stay until alternative housing options arose.
>>
>>17259865
Im so sorry OP. My hope the best for you. Can you enlist? As long as you're relatively fit (not fat), and have no major medical history you can get in.
>>
>>17259932
I can't; I have a mental illness

>>17259908
I live in a suburb of Los Angeles I'll look for something like that
>>
>I really have no where to go

Nope. Beg and borrow everything you can. Don't fucking be homeless, there's no coming back from that. And don't get your heart set on public housing, either. The waiting lists are literally like years long and the ghetto folk already know how to get to the top of the list.
>>
>>17259987
okay thanks anon

i was just wondering if public housing is an option; my dad told me to try for welfare, so i thought there might be a housing component

fuck
>>
Try contacting the salvation army or another "outreach" group in your area. At the very least they should have information for you, at best they may have housing of their own (I went and lived in a salvation army house for over a year when my life fell apart, they kept me afloat until I got on my feet again.)
>>
>>17259865

Do not live on the street.

Your first port of call should be a homeless shelter, and having a roof over your head for the short term.

This is incredibly important anon, you MUST do this. Only then can you proceed to fixing your situation.
>>
>>17259865
What assets do you have op?
Bike?
Car?
Laptop or desktop computer?

Additionally, why homeless?

Lastly, what mental illness and what personal problemsm? Are you on medication?
>>
What mental illness? If you don't have a drug problem/problem with following authority, seriously just enlist. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, whatever. You will go from homeless to being able to save a decent amount of money.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.