[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some things i can do, that i can learn quickly, that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 345345345.jpg (82 KB, 906x1186) Image search: [Google]
345345345.jpg
82 KB, 906x1186
what are some things i can do, that i can learn quickly, that won't make me seem like a loser?

>literally all i do when i come home from work is browse 4chan and exercise sometimes
>no friends
>coworkers don't do anything either except gym and do something with friends/gf (go to restaurant/bar, watch movie, have friends over or go to a friends place for a get together, etc.)

since i have no friends, was thinking of telling people i do something productive in my spare time. but everything i can think of requires time and i likely won't be good at it (like learning a language or instrument).. what should i try to do to seem productive? would rather learn a skill than do something like read a book tbqh
>>
File: Terengganu_roselle.jpg (343 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Terengganu_roselle.jpg
343 KB, 1024x768
Certificate in something
>>
>>17259394
Why not try and join your co-workers? They are definitely doing more than you are.

Take this advice and get off your computer.
>>
>>17259400
any examples? i know one of my coworkers was taking cooking classes, but don't know if that will fit my work schedule

>>17259403
i'm not friends with my coworkers (i have no friends, i might be unlikeable or too socially retarded)
>>
>>17259394
going to the gym.
having friends over to watch movies
going out to eat
>>
>>17259429
i do gym
no friends to invite over
no friends to go out to eat with
>>
>>17259394

start a youtube channel that is just single takes of you vlogging.

requires no editing, no scripting,. no nothing. seems productive though dont it.

if you think that sounds retarded, well yes, anything that 'seems' productive but actually isn't is going to be retarded.
>>
>was in the same situation
>started making some friends at work
>some co workers became close homies to this day
>some co workers became important sources of friends for me through their own social circles
>starting following them to the raves
>has a girl friend now
>>
>>17259394
Sauce?
>>
>>17259594

Are you doing well enough in the gym for people to notice?

Also pick any skill, cooking, coding, drawing, crafting, ect.

Just make sure you keep doing it on a day to day basis.
Most people halfass these kind of things so they go unnoticed, make sure you stand out in whatever you do.

I was in a similar situation, I go to the gym 4 times a week now and spend about 2-4 hours a day drawing.
I'm also trying to teach myself 3D.

I'm still having trouble with interacting with people but atleast I have 3 friends now that like being around me.
>>
File: 456234234.jpg (277 KB, 848x1280) Image search: [Google]
456234234.jpg
277 KB, 848x1280
>>17259600
>>start a youtube channel that is just single takes of you vlogging.
i don't do anything though

like, i installed snapchat but
1. i have no friends to send or receive pics to
2. i have nothing to send myself

>>17259634
i don't know how to make friends with coworkers. some of them are friends with each other, i see them exchanging phone numbers at work, talking about facebook or snapchat posts of each other. but i'm not friends with anyone

>>17260073
don't know

>>17260165
thanks for the advice
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.