[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
resume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: resume.jpg (265 KB, 926x1274) Image search: [Google]
resume.jpg
265 KB, 926x1274
How is my resume? I'm just trying to get a temporary shit job right now.
>>
Do you really need a resume to get a job as a waiter?
>>
Where's your education section?
>>
>>17259385
below skills and experience?
>>
>associates in arts and science
I see why you need a shit job now.

That resume looks good enough though
>>
>>17259362
Kennel needs a capital K. Also elaborate about your skills a little, and surely you have other skills like interpersonal skills, time management, etc.
>>
>>17259362
No offense but your resume's format is kind of an eyesore. Ditch the Times New Roman and try a more segmented format.

Firstly, I've never understood the point of listing an "objective," especially for something like being a waiter, so I would get rid of it if I were you.

The second section should be devoted to your education. You don't have to spend too much time on this; just say what degree you got and when you got it. (Nobody cares about the GPA for a waiter job.) If you got any special awards for being a good student or whatever, it would be good to add them.

The third section is where you should list, first and foremost, the experiences that are most relevant to the job that you are applying for. In your case, this is probably the retirement community job and the Toys "R" Us gig.

The fourth section is where you put everything else.

You might also want to add a fifth section where you add more specific skills. For instance, you could put things like "Food handling certification" or "Japanese (fluent)".

Other comments:

Once you acquire more experience, you should focus on phasing old ones out, particularly those from high school. Make sure to sweep out the old and bring in the new, like, ASAP.

Also, you need to look up more "action" words for describing your duties. The point of your previous experience is not just to explain what your job was, but to explain what skills you learned and demonstrated. If you do this right you can make almost anything sound badass.
>>
>>17259374
You have no idea how competitive it gets for such low level jobs.
>>
>skills
>at the end
Terrible advice.
>>
>>17259423
Intended for >>17259418
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.