[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of my biggest fears is my parents' death. My parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 259x194
One of my biggest fears is my parents' death.

My parents are a little more than 30 years older than me (I'm in my 20s, they're looking on 60).

I dread the day's going by late at night and I even cry to myself knowing that the day will inevitably come where I will get the phone call that my mom/dad passed away in the hospital or had a heart attack. It's a borderline crippling sadness and I don't know what to do about it.

I've been feeling this since my teens. I'd have a birthday, get my drivers license, get my braces off, all the "teen" things that were cool... And is just look at my mom and dad and just see wrinkles appearing, grey hairs showing, and it just makes me sad. And I can see it in their eyes that they yearn for the days of their youth, and it makes me feel even more sad.

Is this normal? Do other people feel this?
>>
Why live through it over and over again; just realize that it can only happen twice.
>>
>>17259360
It crosses my mind, but it's not something you should ever dwell on. Death is something that happens to everyone. Instead of killing yourself mentally and worrying about when your parents will leave this earth, you should just enjoy your time with them
>>
>>17259360
I felt the same way since I was 10. It use to make me cry when I was a kid and I would have dreams that my mom has died. Last year my dad had prostate cancer and I felt like shit but he was spared thankfully. My parents are almost 60 as well. Everyone at some point misses their youth. I miss being a teen in the 2000's and I'm 26, so much so that I made a 2000's playlist and walk for hours remembering those times. My dad still puts on music from the 70's and 80's, a time when he was a teen and youn adult. He even watches clips from the 60's, when he was a child, he remembers those times fondly. The curse of being alive is we all age, die and along down the line watch our loved ones die. You are going to have to come to terms that one day, they won't be here anymore. Hopefully, you will have started a family of your own or at the very least, grieve and accept that they're gone.

I say this because its the facts, I may cry like a baby when my parents go but this is what happens, I have no other choice but to accept it.
>>
>>17259360
Are you a NEET?
>>
Yea same
>>
>>17259360

im just hoping my mom dies first. shes very independent in many ways, but i know if THAT was the way she lost my dad, she'd be hard to put back together.

my dad would be sad im sure, but i also think hed be a little relived, i dont know. i think it'd be easier for him to handle overall.
>>
>>17259360
been like this all my life (in my 20s too) and now it's finally happened. my mom died last year..

I don't think I'll ever recover from it or accept the fact that she's gone and possibly dad will follow soon since he's a little sick. when what you most fear, however silly or abnormal it is, comes true it hits you like a fucking wrecking ball and probably traumatizez you. it did with me
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.