[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is going to be a long one, >just turned 18, still in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: wojak jammies.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wojak jammies.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
This is going to be a long one,

>just turned 18, still in school because got held back
>dad lost his job 5 months ago
>his workplace fired him since he wasn't part of their religion (its ohio so its legal)
>they get a bunch of employees to lie that he hated women as the reason
>unemployment gets reversed and we have to pay back over 8k
>dad started a new job this week
>its for less money and a position lower than what he was
>my mom has to start working again

I feel like the right thing for me to do is get a job, but I have two issues:

>I'm a huge manchild that doesn't want to work
>My grades would most likely suffer badly like they did for my friends that worked full time in school

My parents say they don't want me to get a job since I will have an entire lifetime to work, but I want to make sure I do the right thing.

I am also convinced that I have social anxiety, I haven't been able to go to the doctor (no insurance) and I am embarrassed to talk to her about it.
>>
>>17259194
Finish high school. Its a year.

Don't call yourself a man-child till you are 30.

Get a job flipping burgers or whatever when you finish high school.
>>
>>17259201
The thing is though is that we are having issues with money right now. Also the thought of working with the public (and actually people in general) scares me.
>>
>>17259207
Its not as bad as it seems. Show up to work, be bored out of your mind, go home. Worst thing a company can do is fire you and even then you get unemployment.

And your parents will tell you if they need you to drop out.

I mean honestly its one year. Not really that big of a sweat. Even if you live in a trailer park or something like that you're fucking fine.
>>
>>17259194
>I'm a huge manchild that doesn't want to work
So what, you're going to leech off your poor parents your whole life? You're going to have to grow some balls eventually. Even if you do go off to uni and get a degree, no one's going to hire you afterwards if you can't talk to people
>>
>>17259194

My family is having issues at well with money. Different reasons, higher stakes, and well...more problems.

You're 18. One more year of school. Your first 3 years were the important years. Now its just a matter of finishing up.

Just finish up your education without crapping up everything.

Work is work. Working is not that difficult, especially at entry level jobs. Find a job as a backroom associate if you're bad at dealing with people or as a burger flipper. If you think you can do it, become a cashier.

The worst that can happen is that you'll be fired. So if fired, go search for another place to work.

You don't have insurance? Okay. Gun for community based healthcare if its available, in my state its $5 a month for a butt-ton of medical benefits.

Social anxiety? I've got a mild case too. Go see your doctor, talk about it. She might prescribe you a generic. If you can cover it with the insurance I typed up, go see a psychiatrist and get that covered.
>>
>>17259207
>fear of working in public
Just do it.
It will become routine after a week and you'll wonder what you were afraid of.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.