[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
existential dread inc. so lately i've been thinking over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: imgres.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
existential dread inc.

so lately i've been thinking over the idea that (similar to Andy Weir's "The Egg"), i could be the single form of consciousness in the world and everyone else is just a reincarnation of myself and all that jazz. that, combined with ideas of existential nihilism make me think that i'm literally alone in the universe and everything else, and it's an incredibly lonely feel.

how can i convince myself otherwise? because i'm very fixed on this idea and it sucks pls help

i don't mean to sound pretentious or whatever, it's a legitimate fear.
>>
File: Robert_E_Howard_suit.jpg (222 KB, 696x900) Image search: [Google]
Robert_E_Howard_suit.jpg
222 KB, 696x900
>>17259175
Pic related is the creator of conan the barbarian.

You did not know that until right now.
>>
Happens sometimes. Maybe you're just a figment of my mind, whatever. Just enjoy the reality you have and don't think about it too deeply, you're probably going to die so, enjoy that shit.
>>
>>17259175
The bigger picture to consider is Heisenberg's uncertainty principal. Position and momentum can not simultaneously be observed. At the lowest levels of elementary subatomic particles, fields, and waves... information becomes contorted, disrupting it's state.

This is powerful information.
I'm a Discordian. All hail Eris and join the Church of Chaosophy.
>>
File: 1465766118282-b.jpg (274 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1465766118282-b.jpg
274 KB, 640x1136
>>17259175
I was where you were 2 years ago. You need to learn to take reality for what it presently provides. Nothing is certain. There is no "master plan". Just say fuck it and enjoy your little moment in the chaotic dance of chaos.
>>
>>17259210
I haven't seen any fellow chaos practitioners on /adv/ for three months, and I just recommended some girl that asked about Wiccan spells to try and see if sigils are more effective, three minutes ago.

It's funny how these things sync.

Also OP, consider the possibility that there is only one single proton in existence, and that it got the ability to move backwards in time and change positions and infinite amount of times. Everything and everyone is one.
You and the universe is the same.
Listen to Alan Watts, and you'll grow fond of the idea, instead of fearing it.
>>
>>17259273
I think op couldn't take ot any long an just hung himself right before the replies rolled in.
RIP op. He hero'ed
>>
>>17259210
>>17259273

confirmed for not understanding how science works
>>
>>17259175

Either take leap of faith and delve into some dogmatic or philosophical idea that provides your life with some subjective meaning like these clowns >>17259210 >>17259273 or accept the fact that as a mere human you can never truly understand any fundamental truths of the universe even if they did exist, so to worry about them is futile.

Or you could do both.
>>
File: ainsloo.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ainsloo.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
>>17259175
Gee, you sound an awful lot like me.
>>
>>17259175
me too bro. same boat. you're not alone.
>>
yourr all fucking crazy and not real. I AM THE CENTERPIECE TO THE UNIVERSE
>>
>>17259521
confirmed for not knowing what science is and isn't

Your mistake
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe
>>
>>17259175
Dear OP

You're young and stupid and grasping at straws in order to build a framework for structuring your understanding of the world.

In 5 years time you'll realize how silly you sound right now.
>>
>>17260406

b-but i've had these thoughts for almost 4 years now
>>
>>17259175
if you really thought that you wouldn't be asking for help.
>>
>>17259175
Don't worry. Paranoid shit like that is best healed with time. Soon, it will diminish until it some other paranoid shit. Or you'll just turn normal.

I've gone through my fair share of existential crises. Fuck high dose shrooms.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.