[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have cold >/adv/ suggests i use a neti pot to clear nostrils
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1420340960974.jpg (56 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1420340960974.jpg
56 KB, 597x519
>have cold
>/adv/ suggests i use a neti pot to clear nostrils
>i do
>nostrils clear but now there is pressure like liquid in my right ear

how do i stop this? iot got in it can get out right? how should i lay?
>>
>>17258841
my presonal cold killing combo.
cup of chamomile tea
chicken soup
multivitamin
glass of orange juice
2 nightime cold pill
Hot shower to flush sinuses
and right to bed by 9pm

As for your sinuses and ear, just stop fucking with them. They naturally drain while you sleep and trying to pop your ears and poking around just increases chances you will spead it around or cause an infection.
>>
>>17258862

just to clarify you believe that the fluid that built up because of the netti pot will drain while i sleep? to do this would i want to lay on that ear, or on the opposite ear?
>>
>>17258862

also that is not a cold killing combo, that is jsut basic symptom treatment
>>
>>17258867
It'll probably drain into your sinuses
>>
>>17258867
Lay with the sore ear on your pillow or on your back so it drains either out of your ear(see MD if and blood) or down your throat while you sleep(normally).

If it has been days, chances are its already infected and a doc with prescribe antibiotics.
>>
>>17258876

it literally happened like 5 minutes ago so im hoping to take care of it. if it still hurts tomorrow my doctors office is across the street from my work.

if the fluid came in through my nose, would it really drain out of my ear? feels like it'd be easier to drain back in. so laying on my back seems best. it just hurts to swallow now
>>
>>17258881
take over counter meds for symptoms. If you still feel like there is fluid in your ears see a doc about it.

Your nose, throat and ears are connected so sometimes a cold leads to an ear infection and sore throat.

Basically you gotta chill and focus on fighting your sick for a bit and if its still there after a couple of days see a doc for proper assessment.
>>
>>17258894

thats basic cold advice, mines about what happened when i forcibly clogged my ears.
>>
>>17258953
>Your nose, throat and ears are connected

Take care of your cold. Your ears will drain naturally, you sperg
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.