[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to have a breakdown /adv/ I'm 19 and live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
I'm about to have a breakdown /adv/

I'm 19 and live in a city I moved to 5 years ago. I lost almost all my friends and didn't make any back in High School here. I took a year off and haven't done anything yet, but don't have a driver's license nor a job.

I have no friends. I have no job. I have no means of getting around out of the house. I sometimes can't get out of bed in the morning because I'd much rather be asleep where this shit doesn't bother me.

I feel so alone and it's making me panic. There's nobody to go to and I'm trying my hardest to get out of this rut but I just can't. I know breaking out isn't going to be easy but it feels so hard and there's just so much I need to do that it seems so impossible to me. I know I'm young yet but it feels like I've wasted my time to be a teenager and meet people and have a life before the adult world gets me.

What do I do /adv/? I'm a pretty self-sufficient person ever since I moved here but it's not enough anymore. It's getting harder and harder each day.
>>
Join the military.
>>
>>17258500
That's a pretty big commitment I'm not sure I'm ready for.
>>
Get a job. Any job really, a source of income will motivate you like an getting adrenaline needle in the morning. Exercise (cardio/gym) -it restores serotonin and endorphin balance. You lack motivation because you haven't formed a plan/ambition for the future.
Ignore the join the army tard.
>>
>>17258519
I have no idea what I want to do in the future either. I feel like I really fucked up in High School by not pushing myself, not having any sort of idea for the future.

I still feel so painfully alone. How do I get out of that hole?
>>
Get a job, get your licence, or get a degree.
>>
https://www.google.es/#q=bureau+of+labor+stats
https://www.youtube.com/user/EngineeredTruth/videos
Take piece of paper and a pen. Write what you believe your skills are and what skills you think you could learn with ease. Eg I'm good at coding, I think I could to software engineering.
Sort through jobs that would correspond to these. Look for high job growth.
In 2-5 years and not insurmountable work you can achieve income + fulfilling life.
>>
>>17258513
Well your life seems pretty fucked. If you're not going to school, not working, not creating art or doing anything else and have no commitments/friends.. why not?

"Getting a job" isn't going to magically fix your shit.
>>
>>17258491
Buy a bicycle.
>>
>>17258547
I'll look into that, thanks.

>>17258549
That is true. I wouldn't exactly be leaving anything/anyone behind aside from my family and what little I own.

>>17258552
Maybe. I live in Texas, so I'd rather get my license and a car.
>>
>>17258563
You can always move to another city.
>>
>>17258591
I could try that, but I'm not really in a situation right now where I could just move like that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.