[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have this crazy old uncle who is Jewish. My mother doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (376 KB, 1280x886) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376 KB, 1280x886
I have this crazy old uncle who is Jewish. My mother doesn't like him and said to me "I think your uncle cares more about the letter of the law than the spirit of the law." Is that an antisemitic thing to say about a Jewish person?
>>
No, it's a valid criticism on him as an individual, and says nothing about the whole. However Jews are stinky bum holes and claim that every criticism of any Jewish person is anti-semitic.
>>
>>17258255
To my knowledge that isn't a Jewish stereotype.
>>
>>17258255
This applies to pretty much everything with rules, guidelines, laws, etc. Some people ignore it, some people adhere to it in spirit, and some have massive sticks up their asses and see it as the infinite truth.

Nothing antisemitic about it. Although coming from an anti-religion guy, you could take it as very anti-christian and I wouldn't correct you.
>>
>>17258255
I've heard people use that to describe others in my church, so no it has nothing to do with Jews.
>>
>>17258255
It's what Jesus said to the Jewish Pharisees.
>>
Not in and of itself, no. It's a common criticism of fundamentalists of any faith.

That said, I have no other choice than to take this one thing she said in a vacuum. I just don't have the information to do otherwise. Has your mom said or done other things to make you think that she might mean this in an anti-Semitic sense?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.