[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you get a shitty job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1457131830780.jpg (102 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457131830780.jpg
102 KB, 500x500
Do you just walk in any random wal mart/restaurant/gas station and ask if they need help, or do you apply online, or what? I want to move to the Los Angeles area and get a job ASAP.
>>
>>17257872
>go to store
>'hi are you hiring'
>'yes'
>give them your résumé
>>
>>17257878
How long does it take to actually start working?
>>
>>17257881
Well depends on the store mostly, if they need people you'll get hired fast, just look the part act the part and you should have no problem. Also sometimes they drug test
>>
>>17257897
How fast is fast? Within a week?
>>
>>17257904
Sometimes, yeah, they might even ask if you want to start the next day.
>>
>>17257872
Los Angeles in general can be quite the process. For Wal-Mart, it'll take up to 2 weeks (yes, I've worked there before - heuhhhh!)

For things like gas stations, it depends on how independent they are_ there will be restaurants that will literally tell you start working then and now - ethnic places and the such.

If you want to try your hand at Labor Ready, you'll find yourself working plenty of different gigs and eventually the job itself will want you to stick around if you're worth a damn.

Look up Labor Ready or job source programs like it, there's plenty in all of the Los Angeles areas.

Warning: it is very expensive living anywhere within the county, and if you're going to Labor Ready route, the jobs are very rough. Good luck!
>>
>>17257917
Thanks for the info anon. That sounds very doable.

>>17257928
I'll look into Labor Ready for sure. I really appreciate all the details. Your post gives me some hope. Thanks!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.