[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legal Advice..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Pic for attention.

Kk, so I'm a 19 yr old dude in Texas and I'm on the run for violating deferred probation for 3 misterminor charges and I'm currently still actively fighting a DWI charge against me.

My charges: Unlawful carry of a handgun (misterminor in the state of tx), 2 counts of possession of marijuana 0-2 oz, and the DWI.

My question is, how much jail time could I be looking at for violating probation ?
>>
>bump
>>
I laughed at your spelling of misdemeanor.
>>
>>17257837
Misdemeanors aren't life altering like felonies, you shouldn't have violated your probation.
>>
>misterminor
Heh, that's actually a pretty good phonetic spelling of how a redneck might pronounce misdemeanor.
>>
>>17257837
You mean "mister minor"?
>>
The judge has a lot of discretion.

If this is your first violation he'll probably just increase your community service- but it could vary from no jail time at all to an imposition of the original sentence.
>>
>>17257919
How about a first violation that includes multiple charges? Weapon and drug charges included?
>>
>>17257919

It is my first violated ,but its deferred probation so all of my charges basically act as if they're brand new to my record thus getting charged with them all over again. Along with the fact that I've done little to no work on my probation.
>>
>>17257932

Violation **
>>
>>17257926

All of which are NOT felony though.
>>
>bump4moreattention
>>
>>17257837
I assume you mean you took deferred adjudication. This means that if you completed your probation successfully, you wouldn't have any convictions on your record. Since you violated your probation, the judge can now sentence you to the maximum available.

The firearm charge is probably a class A misdemeanor (maximum 1 year in jail and/or up to a $4000 fine).

The marijuana possession charges are probably class B misdemeanors (180 days in jail and/or up to a $2000 fine).

Evading arrest (so long as no one is injured or killed) is another class A misdemeanor but you may not be charged so long as you're not actively fleeing the police.

So you're probably looking at up to 2 years in jail and $12,000 in fines.

You should really talk to an attorney as soon as possible. The longer you try to avoid the consequences of your behavior, the worse those consequences are likely to be.
>>
>>17257963

Well the evading arrest part is untrue, my warrant just recently became effective today. As for the rest, I realllly hope you're inaccurate about the sentencing. I'm involved with a lot of drug dealers and gang members who have done time and/or are looking at time. They all say different things. Some say I'll do like a month, be a trustee, get time served. Some say I'll do 6 months get out in 3, some say a year get out in 6months. All in all, I want the least amount of time. All of my crimes are minor, and according to a lot of people I've talked to, Bexar County (where I'm from) is over populated so they'll spit me right back out. I've also had friends on deferred who have been violated but just continued on probation when they saw the judge.

Hopefully i can give a good sob story and get continued on probation or a low amount of time.
>>
Another question: since I have a warrant, if an officer runs the plates of my vehicle that's under my name, will my warrant show ?

>I've been arrested before obviously but never made it to gen pop & don't know shit about the system
>>
>>17257987
The problem with deferred adjudication is that you haven't been convicted yet, and now that you've violated your probation, most likely you WILL be convicted.

Judges tend to be harsher with handing down sentences in cases like yours where you've proved that you are a fuck up. I don't know the judges where you live or the policy there due to overcrowding. This is why you want an attorney who is familiar with the local courts, they'll be able to give you a better idea what you're looking at.

>>17258001
Yes. That's part of the reason they'd be running your plates.
>>
>>17258001
If your tied to the address on the plate.

Don't bother coming up with any sob stories or excuses. Get an attorney and get this over with ASAP.

Dicking around is what got you in this. Get yourself straight and move on so you can get back to putting your life back on track.

Also, I'm from Bexar county too.
>>
>>17258036
Yeah, and it espeically sucks in my case because the judge already labeled me as a fuck up once by calling the crimes I've committed a "crime spree" due to me getting arrested 3 times within a month.

>>17258044
But with bexar county, like I stated above, its over crowded in the jail systems. Is it likely for me to do a lot of time ? I don't know if you know about the jail system or anything, I'm just asking because you're from my area so you might know a thing or two. I don't know anything about the system out here. I've been told so many different things about what my sentencing could look like.
>>
>bumpagainsorry
>>
>>17258117
I don't know anything about the jails. I don't know any morons that are in jail, going to jail, or getting out of jail.

Stop thinking about getting a break from the supposed 'overcrowding' and get to an attorney to repair the fuck up you've done by ignoring your probation.

There really shouldn't be day dreaming about what chances you'll have considering you have a warrant. Stop being this stupid.
>>
>>17258274
See that's where you misjudge me. I'm an average 19 year old, who chose the path of selling drugs for a short while. Yes, some may call it idiotic, but I call it survival. Sure, you'll say what everyone says.. "Get a legit job". Sometimes, given circumstances with bills and such, it isn't enough. And the next predictable response, "there are other ways". Well, I saw first hand the amount of money selling can bring, so I went for it. Of course, like most criminals such as myself, the law caught up to me & caught me a few times. Admittly, the DWI was idiotic. As for the unlawful carry, I *willingly and indepently* took a charge for a friend of mine. I'd do it again for the person any day. Now, to get to my point.. I never ignored my probation. I stopped selling, lost my car, along with my job, and had no way to pay for my court fees. Along with that, I got involved with an idiotic girl who set me behind, and led me away from doing good. I'm not looking for a break, I'm hoping in better outcomes to my situation given the fact I've never done actual time. Not all "criminals" are bad people. I'm safe to say that I have a really big heart, even for people that don't deserve it. I've just made some bad decisions.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.