[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a bad person if I knowing let my friend make poor decisions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Am I a bad person if I knowing let my friend make poor decisions? They have a record of not heeding my advice and by this point I'm kind of tired of wasting my time, effort and emotions on a person who won't even put what I say into consideration. I by no means want to tell them what to do in life, it's just mildly irritating to see someone who you call a friend continously make dumb choices, regret it, want a shoulder to cry on afters, then proceed to not learn from their mistakes.
>>
Pic not related by the way.
>>
>>17257647
Yes you are a bad person. You need to force your friend to do things, and see things your way. There is no room in this world for people who make their own decisions. If they refuse to listen to you you need to shame them until they do
>>
>>17257647
>They have a record of not heeding my advice
>I'm kind of tired of wasting my time, effort and emotions on a person who won't even put what I say into consideration.
You sound like a horrible little cunt.
>>
>>17257647
I would stop giving advice.

I have some buddies that make bad lifestyle and financial decisions and we're all reaching our 30s here. I've tried helping but I don't over extend whatsoever. The best you can do is listen when they reach out to you.
>>
>>17257647
You cannot make your friend do anything, their decisions are their own.
That said, if you see them about to do something that will be harmful to themselves or others, let them know. If they don't listen, it is entirely on them.
>>
>>17257647
Changing someone's mentality is more important than changing their beliefs. If you've already tried to help them look at things and approach problems in a different way and failed, there isn't much you can do.

If you haven't, well, then you have the wrong approach.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.