[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me break the cycle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: aeSovfh.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
aeSovfh.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
I eat because I'm sad and lonely - I'm sad and lonely because I'm fat and eating makes me feel better. How do I make this torture stop?
>>
Stop the self pity and actually take some responsibility?
>>
convince yourself that you lack self control

then realize how much of a whiny arse you are and do something about it
>>
You aren't a dog. You don't have to have some Pavlovian response to feeling sad that makes you eat.

Be a fucking person and decide what's the best course of action for you to take to better your life.
>>
>>17257449
>How do I make this torture stop?

i used to have the same problem of being fat. you just need to break the feedback loop. first things first, you need to start hating food. see it as a means to an end instead of an end in itself. you just need fuel to survive. second, get an addiction that won't make you fat, like an opiate, coke and/or (and is easier, or is healthier) cigarettes. do not drink instead, drinking makes you fat. you'll drop weight pretty quickly if you do it right. if you want to look good on top, you'll have to join a gym.

i dont know how to fix the sad and lonely part. but this will fix the fat part.
>>
>>17257510
Fuck this shitty advice.

If you want an addiction, hit the treadmill and get addicted to endorphins. I hear fatties get awesome runner's highs.
>>
>>17257527
i went from 220lbs to 150lbs in a year like that.

it works, which is more than can be said about your 'lol natural high' meme.
>>
>>17257533
that "meme" (lol what?) is how most average not-retarded people lose weight. Glad your bullshit worked for you pal, how's that cig/perc addiction?
>>
>>17257527
>>17257533
>>17257606
Chiming in on the side of the druggie, easiest way to lose weight is start taking amphetamines.

That being said, with the little impulse control you're displaying, picking up a drug habit might be a hard path to leave.

>lo and behold, captcha asks me to select all pies
>>
I've been there OP, fat, low- self esteem and terrible eating habits. Was 250 now I am 165. I feel good and look good too.

The key isn't to make a lot of changes at once. Start by making small changes in your daily life.
Instead of having cereal or pop tarts for breakfast have some eggs and bacon, oatmeal that doesn't have sugar on it (just add fruit, peanut butter and honey) or some avocado toast with some bacon and Greek yogurt.
Same applies to the rest of your meals, don't cut out all foods that you like start bit by bit (the idea is to not take on too much). Make adjustments to your favorite meals. Like spaghetti? Replace wheat noodles for ones made out of vegetables.

Also physical changes.
Pick a physical activity you like and stick with it.
Take the bus? Get off 2-3 stops before and get a walk in.
Take your car to work? Think about switching to a bike instead.

Sooner or later the body starts to change and the new exercise and foods start becoming habits.
>>
>>17257449
Start exercising when you're sad, and eat less.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.