[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am constantly petrified that people don't get along with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: mahhartmahsoul.jpg (45 KB, 590x582) Image search: [Google]
mahhartmahsoul.jpg
45 KB, 590x582
I am constantly petrified that people don't get along with my boyfriend, or that he might be saying or doing something which might make people not like him.

Recently my closest friends met my new boyfriend.
As I understand, my friends didn't like him.
It flipped me out and I couldnt stop thinking about it all night, and I still am now.

It's not the first time I lose interest in a guy because of the negative comments from my friends.
I don't want to lose touch with my boyfriend, but I can't stand the fact that I care what others think.

What should I do to change myself?
>>
>>17257447
You might wanna find out why nobody likes him. Maybe he's an asshole but you're blinded by love.
>>
>>17257447
Prioritize. Think: who's more important?
And also, compartmentalize. Your boyfriend doesn't need to interact with your friends. If they don't like each other, so what?
We can't all be best friends.

>>17257451
Or maybe the friends are assholes. Who knows.
We all have to learn to judge character eventually.
>>
>>17257451
The main reason why most of my friends didn't like him, because he didn't talk much ( shy ) and if he did, he would usually discuss with me with interesting topics.
My friends were annoyed they couldn't join the discussion, because they didn't understood the topic. They acted like assholes.

>>17257465
I respect and love my friends, but when it comes to talk about things like these, they can act like total assholes.
If I'll be with my boyfriend, they will push me out of theyr friend circle, in other case, they wont be in touch as much .
When they met my boyfriend they acted like assholes and I've noticed that my partner felt awkward around them.
>>
>>17257480
if I were your bf I'd dump you
>>
>>17257496
That is why I want to change my childish thinking.
>>
You know, friend circles change all the time. it sounds like it's time to drop your friends if they're such childish jerks.

Get some friends that have some sense of common courtesy and sense and you won't have to worry about this problem again.
>>
>>17257480
It sounds like your friend are probably attracted to your bf. If they care that much about your bf not talking much then they clearly are interested in him. If they weren't they why would they give so much of a fuck about something like this?
>>
>>17257480
Your friends sound like real assholes. Why are you friends with them again? If I were your boyfriend I'd feel like absolute shit, and he probably does if he's the prototypical shy guy.
>>
>>17257480
Your friends sound like total bitches. The poor guy is probably minding his own bussiness and your friends are judging him for it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.