[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/adv/ what do you think of your friends who don't want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1465910041127.jpg (73 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
1465910041127.jpg
73 KB, 1280x692
/adv/ what do you think of your friends who don't want to be friends of your other friends?
I am very private, somewhat arrogant and have some standards for people i spend time with.
>>
I don't make friends with people like that in the first place. I make friends with people who are friendly and accepting and tolerant.
>>
>>17257207
This.

Unfriendly people end up friendless.
>>
>>17257207
>>17257210
It's not like i never want to be friends with my friends' friends,
however i am very introverted and vary of people. I am honest and gullible i need self-defense.
Communicating is already a chore to me i want my friends to be people i feel psychologically comfortable with.
Literally can't endure long periods of time with people who are compulsive liars or hypocrites.
I have few friends but i really like spending time with them.

So people have the right to be mad at me for this reason?
>>
>>17257226
Why don't you have an interest in introducing your friends to each other if you're close to each of them? Are you worried they'll share embarrassing secrets that you've only told some and not others?
>>
lmao I have several friends who just think some people are retards and don't want much to do with them

this obviously is fine

but I think those are a little burgers does it matter no
>>
>>17257296
I am not sociable enough to form friend groups. Becoming a part of one, yes. But forming it takes effort and desire for attention-communication that's not for me.
I have one close friend in my hometown i share secrets with and some friends i share activities with. Not close enough to the latter to decide who they befriend. If they meet i'll introduce and that's it.
Really hate when you are heavily pressured to get along with everyone on a friends' hangout, so will never do this myself. I would ditch the whole group instead, because it smells really superficial to me.

If you are regularly forced to hangout with people you don't like it is torture, isn't it.
>>
Not everyone gets along with everyone. I have a few friends who I know can be abrasive, and not all my other friends want to be around them, and that's fine. I'll just see them privately.

Likewise, there are a few people (who are friends of friends of mine) and I don't ever want to be around them. And that's fine too. Not liking a particular person doesn't make you unfriendly.
>>
>>17257331
Thanks, anon, many people i know believe "if u don't want to be friends with others ure a stuck up dick". These are nice to literally everyone except said "stuck up dicks", i don't know what's right in the world anymore.
Thanks again for clarifying that people who think otherwise exist.

Personally, i think it's selfish to force people to deal with each other to feel comfier.
>>
>>17257202
Why do your friends refuse being friends with your other friends? Do they not like each other or simply don't want to?
>>
>>17257344
My op post turned out to be vague, it is i who doesn't want to hang out with friends' friends.
Many people are comfortable with being insincere-in-a-defensive way, when you can hang out with anyone without spilling what you really think, want to do and maintaining a nice public image.

It really allows you to network and enjoy company of great people, but i tried it and only got depressed and mentally ruined. It simply isn't my thing.

I hang out with people who behave like themselves and don't have to fake everything, it's much easier for me psychologically, i do the same.
>>
>>17257202
Can you afford being arrogant? Do you have some kind of special talent? Are you skilled on something?
>>
>>17257452
I can be content with small number of quality friends, and i am lucky i have supportive family.
There are actually tons of mentally unstable people who aren't able to make friends and they still get a degree and work their job, get salary, drink alone/succumb to hobbies.
Then i can live too.
>>
>>17257202
No, but I'm in your situation (not arrogant, just scared) and I've always ended up as the fallback friend and eventually just forgotten about.
>>
>>17257923
Yeah, i can understand, i'm mostly scared too, keeping the arrogant facade, so people wouldn't want to bully me.

Idk, i tried my best to please friends in the past, i hang out with them, listened and now they don't contact me anymore. Not that i want to. They called me to hang out a couple of times and i couldn't come.
I always feel they want a "full set" of friends and don't want to see me. I always feel alone among them.

Maybe i was too secretive or insincere, so they never really knew me. Again, i was scared, they were judgemental and hated people who didn't think like them.

Forgetting friends is really shitty move, i hope you have good friends now. Finding people who are composed and never are spiteful helped for me. They don't seem to want to harm me.
>>
>>17257202
Personal choice, I see no problem with it.
>>
>implying that we have friends
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.