[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chigger Bites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160615_012708-1.jpg (3 MB, 2319x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160615_012708-1.jpg
3 MB, 2319x1836
I went camping with some friends and came back covered in bug bites since I ran out of Off on the first day. At first I thought they were just mosquito bites, but now I'm pretty sure they're chigger bites.

Anyone ever had to deal with these fuckers? I heard you need yo push them out with a credit card but I also heard that it's just a myth...

Pic related is a bite on my ass, I'm really worried since it got so yellow.
>>
You can't really dig out chiggers. They'll fall out on their own after they're done feeding.

Get some anti-itch creme at the drugstore, and just settle down for a miserable couple of days.
>>
>>17256926
Chiggers can be a problem in the inner cities too.

You can sit in a tub or soak it with baking soda and warm water.
>>
I heard you should put clear nail polish over the bites? Anyone heard of doing this?
>>
>>17258256
The premise behind that is that it suffocates the chiggers and thus kills them. Seeing as how in reality they don't live under the skin it doesn't really do anything for you. Just an old wives tale.

That being said, I'm in the same boat OP. I've literally scratched the top layer of my skin off because I can't afford any itch cream. I'm fucking miserable.
>>
>>17258256

My grandma used to have me do that. Seems like it worked, but I wasn't even 10 years old yet.
>>
>>17256926
If you can't find any chigger spray/paste, you can use tea tree oil. It makes the itching go away too.
>>
I have the solution for all your problems.

I've lived in the countryside since I know myself as a human being. I've been alongside many types of farm mammals, and it was pretty darn easy to catch chiggers.

>mum always put me and my siblings on the bath tub for over an hour with a strange smelling yellow soap.

Turns out it was a bar of soap made with sulfur. It's made specifically for hemophiliac bugs. I dunno exactly what happens, but one or two hours in the tub scrubbing yourself with the soap should do the trick.
>a shower is also nice, but be sure to set the water to hot temperatures.

>place ice on top of the bites to ease off the 'pain'. Antihistamines also help a lot.
>>
OP here, turns out the chigger bites were a problem before but these big holes in my skin are from impetigo. The dermatologist is still taking cultures but she's pretty certain that's what it is.

Nothing really useful to any of you, just wanted to keep you posted.
>>
>>17256926
Aw dam

I had something like this on my back after staying at a friends place. I didn't know what the fuck it was! Itched like a bitch and then went away after 2-ish weeks.

Filthy ass muthafuckin friend of mine! Clean yo house!
>>
>>17256926
It is considered more politically correct to call them chegroes.
>>
>>17260546
I would upvote this if I could!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.