[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have this problem with sporadic chest pains (always on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: man-with-chest-pain.jpg (73 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
man-with-chest-pain.jpg
73 KB, 283x424
I have this problem with sporadic chest pains (always on the left side, goes up to the shoulder and sometimes the neck too) that I've gotten about 4 times now in the course of the last two years, and they usually last a week or two at a time. I won't go into details on the symptoms (although I will say that they've been uniform through every "episode") but I saw a doctor one of the previous times this happened and he said it "most likely" is not heart related, and probably has to do with muscle spasms.
Even if it's not life threatening though it still fucking hurts, especially if I try to lay down or stand up.
Anyway, I'm supposed to go to MEPS for the army next week and obviously something like this would be bad on my report. Beyond that though, I also just want to make this shit go away for good. My question is, should I just go see a regular doctor again and try to get and x-ray done this time (last time they only did an EKG), which will take about a week for results? Or should I just go straight to ER while the symptoms are still full blast so I can get all the tests done that I need and get the results right away? Money isn't really an issue, but I just don't know if this warrants an ER trip, and I'd feel kinda bad knowing there's probably people that need to use the ER way more than me.
Final detail, I actually saw not one but two doctors for these same symptoms, one was urgent care and the other was an actual practitioner or whatever. They both did EKGs and both came to the same conclusion.
>>
Medfag here. What you're describing indicates raging autism.

Now go see a doctor.
>>
Are you sure this isn't just a precordial catch?
>>
>>17257017
No, as far I know PCC only lasts for half an hour at most, but this shit can go on for days at a time. I've done a bit of researching myself and it seems like it could either be a (relatively) mild case of Pulmonary Edema or Costochondritis. Of course, I'm no doctor so I don't actually fucking know and I can only guess. To elaborate on the symptoms a bit more in case there's an actual medfag here: it hurts particularly bad if I breath in very deeply and when I yawn. Laying down on my left side hurts as well, and in certain positions of sitting or laying down I'll hear this bubbling/clicking noise. Sometimes I'll even physically feel this bubbling/clicking in my chest.
>>17257004
Thanks smartass, I'm asking if it's worth it to go to an ER or just a regular doctor, not if I should see a doctor at all.
>>
That sounds like a cut and dry case of angina which is a symptom of a great many cardiovascular diseases. Get a second opinion NOW. Chest pain is never something to be ignored.
>>
>>17257107
I did have a second opinion, two different doctors said it wasn't heart related
God damn can you people not read?
>>
>>17257112
EKGs aren't conclusive evidence. If it is related to muscle cramps I would recommend getting some bloodwork done and in the mean time eat a spoonful of mustard every day or some pickle juice. Both have decent quantities of the stuff muscles need to avoid cramping. Make sure your water and potassium intake are normal as well but other than that I'm not sure. I hope it's diet related for your sake.
>>
>>17257121
The second doctor actually did more than an EKG now that I remember it a bit more
They did an ultra-sound mapping of my heart and didn't find anything out of the ordinary, so I guess I can probably rule out Pulmonary Edema
Still, I'd like to get to the fucking bottom of this regardless, and I'm gonna get in touch with a doctor first thing in the morning.
>>
Were you stressed when it happened?
Maybe it's related to the stomach. Something like gastritis.

Anyways it's ER worthy.
>>
>>17257139
No, I was just sitting at my computer playing vidya
The time it happened before that I was sitting in front of my tv playing vidya
The very first time it happened I was just sitting in class my senior year of high school, the teacher was talking and I was taking notes, then it came out of nowhere.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.