[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is a good place to get a gf? I want a smart girl.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
Where is a good place to get a gf? I want a smart girl.
>>
cams and meetups
>>
Tinder, omegle,college, and outside.
>>
>>17256708
Anything else? I want to talk to grills in real life. What about a library?
>>
>>17256710
I thought Tinder was for fucking thots, not getting a gf.
>>
>>17256716
>i dont know where to get a girl ill get advice
>hurr your advice is wrong

virgins these days
>>
>>17256716
I just got it so maybe I'm wrong. Some girls are legit looking for dates. Some just want dick.
>>
>>17256721
>he has a misunderstanding about something
>he must be telling me that my advice is wrong

Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
a smart girl isn't going to date you
>>
I've thought about talking to girls at book stores, how would this work?
Cam any girls on here tell me if you would be open to be bothered at the library/book store?
>>
Anywhere you can meet people, and specifically, girls. Don't complain that it's too broad of an answer, if there was a simple formula to getting a girlfriend, /adv/ wouldn't exist
>>
>>17256725
i didn't give the advice, don't get defensive, just pointing out how you operate.
>>
>>17256730
>Cam any girls on here tell me if you would be open to be bothered at the library/book store?
If it was obvious he was hitting on me, yes. If he was just being friendly, then I guess not, but I'm not going to give my number to a complete stranger.
>>
>>17256700

craigslist
tinder
bars
chatroulette
>>
>>17256736
>I'm not going to give my number to a complete stranger.

Everyone you know other than your family was a stranger once.
>>
>>17256741
Duh. But then I met had more contact with them than a few minutes of small talk and they were no longer a stranger, weren't they?
>>
>>17256744

>Few minutes of small talk

Right you shouldnt give your digits to someone who engages in small talk, but someone who actually engages you and has an interesting connection with you? Some girls have this dumb rule of not giving out their numbers cause they think every guy will blow up their phone with 20 messages, me if someone doesn't text back after the first two messages then I delete them off my phone.
>>
>>17256769
Good for you. There might be a rare occasion where a guy *might* be interesting enough and we *might* have a good enough conversation for me to give him my number, but that has yet to happen, and I highly doubt it will. Guys who approach girls in bookstores and libraries aren't the sort of guy who gets girls' numbers after a small conversation
>>
>>17256783

It depends on which city or country you live in. I've never approached any girl in the bookstore, I should try it just to see how it feels, I'd imagine it'd be really awkward with how high pressure the situation is.
>>
>>17256783
>Guys who approach girls in bookstores and libraries aren't the sort of guy who gets girls' numbers after a small conversation

speak for yourself

libraries can get you laid pretty regularly at least in college
>>
Look anywhere but the free clinic and online.
>>
>>17256799
College libraries are not the same as public libraries. In college libraries, no one really wants to be there.
>>
>>17256794
I live in a country where people are generally pretty friendly, but I still wouldn't give my number out to a stranger
>>
>>17256700
Fuck, you get shit advice here. OP, your best bet is to sign up for a course where at least 90% of the people are female, something like Pilates.

Before you give an immature answer like "dats gay lol", I suggest you consider the "girl playing guitar" effect.
>>
>>17256712
Libraries can work, though bookstores tend to be better if you're trying to meet people. Also consider associations dedicated to geeky or academic interests.

Four general rules of thumb:
- If she HAS to be there, it's bad.
- If she WANTS to be there, it's good.
- If she's en route to some other place, treat it as though she's already there.
- When in doubt, assume it's bad.
>>
>>17256700
Hang around with smart people of both sexes. Most of their friends will also be smart. Widen the circle to include as many as you can. Some of them will be girl-type people.
>>
>>17256700
Outside.
>>
>>17256721
The OP question was where is a good place to find a gf. Tinder is not a "good place to get a gf", in the same sense that your local Toyota dealer is not a good place to find a Mustang. I've seen American muscle cars at Japanese dealers but it's not the place you're going to have an abundance of them.

Tinder is not a good place to find a girlfriend for two reasons. Reason one is that it attracts people who are very shallow by default. They are basing their selection on looks, and often more interested in one night stands and casual affairs than they are in relationships.

Reason two is that it's an online dating app, which actually makes people shallower and pickier than they would be online. This is especially true for women, who don't have much to go on per profile but have many choices to make. If you take two profiles that are similarly written, but one has pictures of a tall handsome guy and the other is a shorter, dorkier looking dude, she's going to pick tall handsome guy. The same is obviously true for men. For all we know the better looking person would make a worse partner, but this app isn't about personality or compatibility, it's about looks and physical attraction.
>>
>>17257645
While it is possible to find a good match online (and also possible to find a bad partner offline), I think Tinder can only take you so far in finding girls. If your pictures are not good, or you are not very good looking or have physical characteristics that women look for (i.e. height), you'll get "rejected" more often. And again, the app isn't really encouraging people to bring out their intellectual sides, or their relationship-oriented sides, which just makes it worse.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.