[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ex-girlfriend's brother wants to beat me up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1465500988676.jpg (427 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465500988676.jpg
427 KB, 800x800
So this saturday, i finish with my gf cause she's fucking obsessed with me, today she text me and she told me that her bro beat her, because she's not virgin anymore because me obviously, also a friend told me that her mother its looking for me at my university, and asking where's my house (wtf), also there's not a direct threat, but im scared as fuck.
wat do?
>>
Buy a gun.
>>
>>17256666
can't, i thinking about buy pepper spray
>>
>>17256676
Move to a state that doesn't shit all over your liberty.
>>
Document everything. This probably isn't enough to file a police report and have them take it seriously, threats usually need to be pretty specific and direct for that, but make sure people (e.g. your friends, your residence director if you live in the dorms, and so on) know that this family's been harassing you, maybe semi-stalking you, and that you feel threatened. If you receive any direct threats do of course notify the police (I don't know where you live but these days you can usually file a police report online.) Take screenshots of any texts you receive, record any messages they leave for you, basically just make sure you've got your bases covered if anything does happen, and keep your wits about you. If your ex's brother does confront you, don't fucking fight him, it's not manly, it's risky and stupid and liable to land you both in serious legal trouble however it goes down, just get away from him and to safety as quickly as you can and then call the police.

If you say something like, "I'm not going to fight you. If you touch me, I'm going to call the cops and have you thrown in jail. I filed a police report two days ago, they know you've been threatening me" -- it's a lie, but there's a good chance it'll be enough to make him tuck his tail between his legs and slink off (though he might mutter something about you being a pussy, but who gives a shit.)

>>17256666
Don't. I'm not anti-gun, but if you're going to carry one you need to know how to use it, and also know your laws so you don't land yourself in jail doing something that seems like self-defense. Also don't buy a knife, a baton, or any other kind of fucking weapon. Pepper spray is a great idea though (check to make sure it's not banned on your campus, it probably isn't, but there might be limitations on the size you can carry.) If you carry pepper spray, carry it somewhere where you can actually get to it, not in your bag, and remember it's not magic, after you use it you still have to get away.
>>
>>17256732
Thanks anon
>>
I got advice on the pepper spray. If youre gonna get some, practice pulling it out and taking the safety off.

Depening on the brand or whatever it takes a little maneuver with your finger to unlock it, so make sure youre good to go
>>
>>17256676
Better choice than a gun, desu.

You shoot someone, even in self defense, you're in a world of trouble.

Use pepper spray. No real harm, just protection.

And I would agree with >>17256732
>>
/k/ here
there is no excuse for not having a gun
sorry dude but
>"I'm not going to fight you. If you touch me, I'm going to call the cops and have you thrown in jail. I filed a police report two days ago, they know you've been threatening me"
doesn't actually do anything to protect you.
Your best defense is numbers, stay with friends or in a public place, be aware of possible ambush locations around your regular routine.
Arm yourself, fire is always a good, readily available, and intimidating choice. You may also consider a tazer for less lethal use.

pepper spray is the lowest tier of self defense next to a rape whistle.

carry a screwdriver at all times.
>>
>>17257074

This is bullshit.
>>
>>17256722
>gun
>liberty

And what happens when the brother barrels in with a gun of his own? Fuck you Amerifucks are dumb when it comes to your cock- I mean guns.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.