[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quitting the gym?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 220x200
I'm irritated /adv/..

I've been going to the gym the past few months and finally am starting to put on some muscle and gained a bit of confidence in myself. I typically go to the gym late at night because there is usually very few people there. But the last week, every fucking night at the same time I go there is this big group of Muslims that have been going there now. I fucking hate it. They smell bad, and I'm pretty sure they are refugees getting subsidized housing and free passes and bullshit. I'm thinking about quitting. Because I don't like being around them.

What do I do? There is no other inexpensive 24hour gyms near me at all. Everything else is super super expensive and crowded beyond hell.
>>
Might have to try to befriend them, provided the smell is the worst part and they arnt dogshit to talk to
>>
stop being a xenophobic weirdo and keep lifting
>>
>>17256658

There is a lot of them. Today there was 11 of them.. It's a pretty small gym too. Not big at all. so it felt very crowded. Especially since when I typically would go, usually it'd just be me and maybe 2-3 others. But lately this same group has been there and it's always a bunch of them. They smell like shit and they are loud. They speak to each other in Syrian or some shit. I hate it. I left after 10 minutes of being there because they ruined the environment.

can I complain to the owner? They have the card access pass. so they either subscribed or are on a 1 year free trial (very likely). Because they just opened new subsidized housing close by and the builder did free passes for people.
>>
>>17256660

>xenophobic

You're saying I'm xenophobic? Wtf. I work in a diverse workplace. I've traveled all over the world. And even lived in the Middle East for a year for work.

I don't like this shit being here. At least at the gym. They are loud as fuck, smelly as shit, and just overall take away from the enviroment of the gym.
>>
Go at a different time maybe, sucks I know but it's that or quit or deal. I advice you deal or change time, don't quit.
>>
>>17256685

the thing is I work 1pm-10pm. So I usually go at around 1030pm. that's the least busy hours for this gym. But now these shits go at that time. ANY time during the day this gym is PACKED because of people working out before work and during lunch breaks.
>>
You should probably quit lifting if you're so beta you'll leave a gym because a few more people than usual are in there. No matter how much you lift, you'll still be a cuck.
>>
>>17256671
>I'm not racist, some of best friends are black!

You xenophobic as hell, son
>>
>>17256697

obviously you've never paid $55/m to go to a small gym. That is now crowded by a group of smelly, obnoxious people.

>>17256699

You don't even know what xenophobic means
>>
>>17256652
Sure, go ahead and quit. That's only the most beta, weak, cowardly thing to do. Clearly the Muslims have more gumption than you do, because they're going all the time. Go ahead and be a crybaby bitch. All of the muscles in the world won't make you into a person people want to be around. Not if you're so bothered by some brown people.
>>
>>17256713

whatver, if you were in my shoes you'd be pissed off too. You say this shit now. But you'd be just as pissed as me if this shit happened at your gym.
>>
>>17256707
$55/m
Frig off
Spend $600 on a power rack bar n plates on craigslist, lift at home and it will pay itself off in under a year.
Pluss you can lift in you underwear with a meal nearby, playing whatever music you want.
>>
>>17256719
>whatver, if you were in my shoes you'd be pissed off too

lol literally can't conceive of people not being you
>>
>>17256719
No, because I don't give a shit if it's busy. I live in Chicago. Go ahead and try to conceptualize how packed my gym is. And how many black people are there. And how I don't give a shit because I don't care who is there. I work around the crowds because I'm not a whiny faggot.

You're a beta bitch with zero confidence and even less social skills. If you knew how to speak to people, you'd just work with those around you to queue up for a machine or a bar when it's next available.

So go ahead and keep being a shy little fag. Dig your own grave.
>>
>>17256726

if you frequently went to a very small gym late at night when nobody typically goes. Then all of a sudden a group of 11 smelly as fuck people started showing up. Not wiping the benches and machines after using them so there is a layer of sweat on everything. and talk to each other LOUD as fuck in some Syrian dialect, and listen to middle eastern music out loud.

You'd be pissed too. Don't fucking lie
>>
>>17256728

I do not believe you
>>
File: 1448606732764s.jpg (2 KB, 125x55) Image search: [Google]
1448606732764s.jpg
2 KB, 125x55
>>17256738
>you can't conceptualize people who are different from you
>actually everyone IS ME
>>
>>17256749

you troll Worse than Pegasus
>>
>>17256757
im not the one posting weak bait threads on a dead board
>>
>>17256760

>weak bait thread

actually this is a legitament question. And it's not bait.

>dead board

/adv/ is not a dead board dumb fuck

Also, you said that I can't handle people that are different than me? You're saying it's acceptable for a group of people to practically bring their home life with them to a public place. Be rude as fuck around other people and make messes. So that is now apperently acceptable? What a fucking joke
>>
>>17256738
Honestly I'm not sure why people are giving you shit. I'd be pissed too. Actually, I do know why people are giving you shit, it's because you didn't mention any of this shit in your first post and so your story pretty much boiled down to "a large group of people started using my gym and I'm pissed because I think I'm entitled to work out alone, also I hate them because they're Muslims."

But their behavior does sound legitimately rude. Aside from just confronting them about it, I'm not sure what you can do, though. I suppose you could always tell the staff, who might at least ask them to turn the music down and please wipe the fucking benches after you're done.
>>
You're such a little baby.

Man up and go do your workout princess. Or find another gym. What other advice do you want?
>>
>>17256770

Thank you for actually giving a legit response.

The thing that sucks is the gym isn't staffed when I go at that time at night. But i might go by during staffed hours and report the issue like you said.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 625x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 625x464
>>17256652
Wow I haven't one of these threads yet this week or anything
>>
>>17256768
>Also, you said that I can't handle people that are different than me

no, i didn't. i said you can't conceive of people not being you, which makes you think everyone who wouldn't get annoyed at this non-issue is lying.

don't call people dumb when you can't spell legitimate or apparently, by the way.
>>
>First says: "I'm thinking about quitting. Because I don't like being around them."
>Now he's saying it's cause the muslims leave a big mess behind

Yeah I don't believe you at all. You're just afraid you think they'll mug you cause they're brown. No need to make up excuses here Nigel.
>>
>>17256652
>mfw weak anglo men can't even compete
>>
>>17256781

>no issue

You are so full of shit. How is it a NON-issue that these fucks are loud as fucking hell, smell like shit, listen to music out loud, and leave their sweat on everything at the gym because they don't wipe down the benches.

How the fuck is that a non-issue and that I should just accept it. That's bullshit!!
>>
>>17256786

mug me? who the hell carries valuables at the gym
>>
>>17256788
>How is it a NON-issue that these fucks are loud as fucking hell, smell like shit, listen to music out loud, and leave their sweat on everything at the gym because they don't wipe down the benches.

you're just describing a gym at peak time

cry more

>How the fuck is that a non-issue and that I should just accept it.

who said you should accept it? who are you talking to?
>>
>>17256788
Then confront them you fucking pussy. All of this could be addressed if you approached one of them and said

>Hey, could you wipe off the machine when you're done? I don't want to use machines that are covered in sweat.

But you won't. Because you have a vagina. Is that what this is? You're a woman?
>>
Why suddenly this board is a goat-fuckers lover?

Anyway, change gym even if it will cost you more money. The comodity is priceless.
>>
>>17256793

>Sure, go ahead and quit. That's only the most beta, weak, cowardly thing to do. Clearly the Muslims have more gumption than you do, because they're going all the time. Go ahead and be a crybaby bitch. All of the muscles in the world won't make you into a person people want to be around. Not if you're so bothered by some brown people
>>
>>17256792

So why won't you approach them then huh? Your story already has more holes in it than swiss cheese, just say you're afraid of muslim looking men and want them out of """""your""" country. That was your intention when you decided to make this thread.
>>
>>17256795

>confront them

the first day I noticed them there. A black guy who is always there around the time I am said something to them. he asked if they could clean up after themselves and they literally only wipes the 1 bench they were at. They didn't wipe after themsleves when they moved around the rest of the night. That dude is pisses off with this shit too
>>
>>17256798
are you seriously implying i would bother to use caps, adverbs and proper punctuation?

you really are a case of full blown autism
>>
>>17256804
>I'm too afraid to speak up so I can hammer home the message! I just let the scary black guy do it!!

God, you're such a fag.
>>
>>17256800

>"your" country

You clearly don't know what it's like when a very large influx of people show up where you live bringing their culture along which changes the enviroment you have already been living in.

people should adapt to the culture that exists where they are moving to. That goes for everywhere in the world.
>>
>>17256809

>scary black guy do it

you're trying to make me seem like I'm racist. But it just shows you're retarded.

He's actually a pretty nice guy. and has a very successful career
>>
>>17256812
shut the fuck up white boi
>>
>>17256817

hi
>>
File: 1465579405117.jpg (311 KB, 630x891) Image search: [Google]
1465579405117.jpg
311 KB, 630x891
>>17256820
I claim this thread in the name of the Prophet
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x360
>>17256830

They say no
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.