[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tfw not gonna make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160614-205801.png (448 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160614-205801.png
448 KB, 1440x2560
I can't fucking do it bros. I can't fucking get good text going, but it's the only way we can talk. I cant make progress, she's so close but I can't do anything. Im stuck.

This is it guys. I can't disappoint her and myself anymore.
>>
Let me guess: you 'hinted' that you liked her, but never explicitly said so or asked her out? And now you're butthurt that she's interested in another guy?
>>
>>17256636
No, I just can't maintain a text conversation and it's shit
>>
>>17256626

oh that's okay
>>
Stimulate it, but don't be random. Be purposeful with your questions. Like, why do you like the kind of music you do? What's your ideal date? (Later on obviously). Also, admit you're bad at it. Get her to laugh at it, just say whats happening
>>
>>17256742
This 1000x
>>
>>17256641
Anon, it looks like she's the one who can't hold a convo worth a fuck.

I hated talking to women like that. Fuck em. Not worth the thought processing power. She's gotta put effort in as well, you shouldn't have to do all the work.
>>
>>17256774

Oh shit, wait, you're the green in the OP pic aren't you...
>>
>>17256774
>Anon, it looks like she's the one who can't hold a convo worth a fuck.
>oh good
>oh cool, that's great
Yeah, OP's doing fine
>>
>>17256779>>17256777
>>17256774
I'm green
>>
File: 20160614_224213.png (125 KB, 830x1088) Image search: [Google]
20160614_224213.png
125 KB, 830x1088
>>17256742
Like so?
>>
>>17256843
Jesus Christ. That's the opposite of good
>>
>>17256847
What the fuck do I do then, that seemed like some good shit to me.

I'm not good at this, haven't ever been, but this is the person I want to make it work with, help plz
>>
>>17256843
wew lad
It's good to be aware of the situation but you never want to make her conscious of it. Next time try not to send a truthfully painful wall of text
>>
>>17256852
Didn't send it to her yet, just going off of what the other guy said
>>
>>17256850
Look, some people just aren't good at texting. You're one of them, so don't try to force it.
>>
File: disgusting.webm (233 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.webm
233 KB, 640x360
>>17256843
cringe
>>
Now that you spilled all you're spaghette might as well smash the plate on the floor too and Just say that what you were trying to say is you would like to do x activity( shopping, movies, hit the quan whatever you silly Kids do these days) at x date or time, in case of a busy schedule ask here what would be best for her if she still goes full matrix on you and dodging them questions Just move on
>>
>>17256855
What's the story behind you and the chick OP? Is she some random girl you've been messaging for a short time to try and land some action or have you been orbiting your best friend for the past 5 years?
>>
>>17256843
Saved. That's going in the cringe folder.
>>
>>17256862
Known her off and on for 2ish years. Never been super close, but she's dated a few past friends of mine and I know her story. She's suicidal, depressed, and used to be anorexic. I'm depressed, not so much suicidal, but have absolutely crippling anxiety when it comes to this stuff. I got out if a shitty relationship, and when we do get some good text, it's amazing. My whole life feels 10x happier, and I want to make things work with her. I want this to be it. Real dates are tough for us to do, and I keep fucking up texting her. I need help.
>>
>>17256843
cool, that's great
>>
>>17256872
You're not her hugbox, are you? I've been in a similar situation and being incredibly emotionally close to her may seem like a really good idea but she may have reservations about changing the friendship between you two if she feels like dating would ruin what you have

Take my words with a grain of salt though cause I'm kind of drunk lmao mang
>>
>>17256884
I don't think that's the case, we weren't THAT close
>>
>>17256885
Invite her to do something and make a move. Prolonging texts only presents you as someone she can talk to when bored. Make yourself more prominent in your life if you really want to make something work.
>>
>>17256843

WHAT ARE YOU DOING KNEEGROWWW
>>
>>17256888
*her life

my b
>>
>>17256872
Uh, you know she's pretty much said she's interested in someone else, right?
>>
>>17256900
I talked to her more about that, that's when I started texting her again, she was talking about me
>>
>>17256872
>She's suicidal, depressed, and used to be anorexic. I'm depressed, not so much suicidal

Yikes. Look, sometimes this can work out if the depression that both of you have is due to circumstances -- you can show each other that life can be pretty fucking great and lift each other out of it by finding things to be enthusiastic about and to find joy in. If it's uncontrolled chronic depression due to brain chemistry problems though, you can't make a depressed person into a not-depressed person. Two chronically depressed people are a terrible match because you're both going to end up wrapped up in your own bullshit and low self-esteem.

Although >>17256912 is nice and all, basing a relationship and your happiness and enthusiasm for life around a relationship where you're being "helpful" to someone else isn't a good long term strategy. At some point, what happens when she's been "helped" out of her depression? What's the relationship going to be based on then? Her eternal gratitude? She's just going to stare at you adoringly while you have nothing left to talk about because she's no longer a broken mess?

Enthusiasm is contagious. Find things you love in life and share them with her. Real dates might be difficult to do, but do them. If you don't like texting, ask her to call you when she has time. If you guys can't talk to each other for real, you're not going to be much of a match in real life.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.