[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much is money supposed to matter? It seems like its 90%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1465616782350.gif (177 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1465616782350.gif
177 KB, 500x280
How much is money supposed to matter?

It seems like its 90% of a relationship for many people.

Is it wrong I just want to make enough money to be independant and date people based on personality? Would I be memeing myself thinking that personality is worth anything?

Also im not marying and im forcing a girl to sign some contracts if she wants to have kids meaning I dont have child support if she leaves me.
>>
>>17256282
>It seems like its 90% of a relationship for many people.
What?
>>
predatory American style capitalism has made our world one that is ruled by the almighty dollar

People are products for sales and advertisements, and bank accounts are all that matter.
>>
>>17256292
Wherever I go its all I hear

>does she actually work or is she a leech?
>She dumped me because I couldnt find a job
>i cant wait to get some more child support from this ape im dating!

Its disgusting. I want to sign like 800 prenups and make enough money to feed and house somebody so I dont have to be like that.

>>17256308
China is even worse. Women are literally sold by their dads. The only thing that could make chinese people humans would be if half their population killed themselves.
>>
>>17256314

If you hear that everywhere you go then I would suggest you stop hanging out in trailer parks.

I have no idea where the fuck you're getting this 90% figure because its just plain untrue. Also, good luck getting any self-respecting woman to sign a contract just for the privilege of starting a family with you.

This some grade A autistic bullshit right here, son. Personally is everything but judging by this one post I'd say yours isn't doing that great.
>>
>>17256314
>does she actually work or is she a leech?
>She dumped me because I couldnt find a job
These two are fair enough, no one wants to date a deadbeat and no one wants to support their partner if they haven't mutually made a decision that one of them will work while the other is a homemaker

This is entirely dependent on your social circle. I never hear this, because I make an effort not to associate with people who contribute nothing to society. I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>17256340
All 8 of my coworkers are men above 50 who are divirced and paying child support from their second marriage while their wife bangs guys from bars every night.

Id rather judt find an autistic human than risk ending up being stuck with that, and I dont feel bad either.
>>
>>17256354
So how does that make their relationship, or lack thereof, about money? That has nothing to do with your assertion that 90% of relationships is about money
>>
>>17256354

>All 8 of my coworkers are men above 50 who are divirced and paying child support from their second marriage while their wife bangs guys from bars every night.

I think its almost statistically impossible for you to have only had contact with super dysfunctional people. I think you need to leave whatever backwards po-dunk town you're living in and try finding some people who aren't complete shit.
>>
>>17256340
If there is a large discrepancy in earning potentials a prenup is a completely reasonable and level-headed proposal. Even if there isn't one it still is. The only people who argue about this are over-emotional and wrongly think it means you don't love them, stupid/short-sighted because they can't possibly envision a marriage failing, or they are trying to get something out of you and are trying to shame you in to doing something that compromises your ability to look out for yourself and protect your resources.
>>
Money always matters. Just remember to pay attention to your girlfriend.
>>
>>17256358
Actually it kinda does, they were all used for money. Divorce is 50% of your money to wife, and prenups are invalidayed by ""bad behavior"" (anything). Child custody is extremely secist towards women, so they abuse it. Me and my dad used to own an apartment building in detroit and two of our tennants were women broodlords that would date guys just to get some more child support and then dump them immediatly. One was about to get evicted, and instead of accepting our offer to split rent with another tennant she spent 500 dollars sueing us for racism (most of our tennants attempted this).

>>17256360
I hear plenty of horror stories from colleges and even places in new york. NY is like a cesspit of gold digging, and divorce law firms in that city alone rake in billions.
>>
File: ham rape.jpg (52 KB, 578x447) Image search: [Google]
ham rape.jpg
52 KB, 578x447
>sign some contracts if she wants to have kids meaning I dont have child support if she leaves me.
That contract doesn't exist, anon.
The best thing a pre-nup does is secure all of your assets that you had prior to the relationship.
If a woman decides to fuck you over financially, there isn't anything you can do.
>>
>>17256375
>they were all used for money.
If you choose to look at it that way. If you look at it another way, all that's happening there is that they're being held financially responsible for a child that they brought into this world. There's no reason that shouldn't happen.
>>
>>17256380
The women we had in our building were not responsible. They lived off child support and other things and didnt work.

Not to mention women always get custody. So shes allowed to call off a relationship and maybe force the guy to pay seperate rent that leaves the family, and she supposedly gives a shit about the childs best interest. One of the guys from my work has paid 20 thousand dollars in rent and cant afford to pay for his kids college. Im glad our legal system protects the childrens interests xD
>>
>>17256314
>China is even worse. Women are literally sold by their dads. The only thing that could make chinese people humans would be if half their population killed themselves.
people call it "American style" but it is hardly unique to America.

If anything, America is 5-10 years behind India and China when it comes to capitalism.
>>
File: 1269389871436.jpg (45 KB, 465x640) Image search: [Google]
1269389871436.jpg
45 KB, 465x640
I can't for the life of my why any self respecting male would not get a prenup or relationship contract;
>There are laws in most western countries where the woman maintains a majority of the custody rights when the relationship/marriage ends
>There are laws in most western countries where the woman can take more then half your shit with assistance from law enforcement agencies when the relationship/marriage ends
It's not that i dislike women or that the woman can also pre-stipulate things in the relationship contract that she believes should be upheld and are negotiable with both parties. But refuse to forgo the right to see my kids or loose half or more of my earthly possessions because she or i decide we want out of a consensual sexual or other wise relationship.
>>
>>17256604
>most western countries
Which ones?
>>
>>17256607
>burgerland
>canadieyy
>bongland
>ausfailia
even in the westminster system it's pretty woman weighted desu.
>>
>>17256612
Um, that's not the law in Australia at least. Do some research before talking out of your ass
>>
>>17256618
2 fucking seconds
>http://www.familyrelationships.gov.au/BrochuresandPublications/Pages/propertydivisionwhendefactorelationshipsbreakdown.aspx
>https://www.aussiedivorce.com.au/familylawnews/parenting-testing-procedures-under-the-family-law-act.html

The seond link basically means that if the mother isnt an addict, abusive, fuck up she will 9/10 times get a majority of the custody and make the male have to negotiate when he can see the children.
>>
>>17256645
Neither of those links prove your point. The first is about the 2010 change to the law which brought de facto relationships into the relationship property regime, and the second is about parentage tests i.e. determining whether a man is the father of a child. Neither of them have a presumption in favour of the woman.
>>
>>17256645
Here you go, some links that show what actually happens when you separate in Australia
http://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/InformationAboutTheLaw/FamilyRelationshipsChildren/FinancialMatters/Pages/DividingPropertyMarriedCouples.aspx
http://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/InformationAboutTheLaw/FamilyRelationshipsChildren/Family%20CourtProperty/Pages/HowDoesTheFamilyCourtDealWithAPropertyCase.aspx
https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/sites/www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/files/vla-resource-family-law-in-australia-separation-and-divorce-english.pdf

TL:DR version:
No presumptions
The law is mostly concerned about the children's interests
Couples are expected to come up with their own property settlement, but if they can't, the court can step in and decide for them (and again, there are no presumptions)
>>
Stop dating women over 25
>>
>>17256653
i depred on the second link
>https://www.aussiedivorce.com.au/family-law/child-custody/
but the second fucking relates
>"The new laws enable the Family Law Courts to order a division of any property that the couple own, either separately or together with each other. Superannuation that each partner has can also be split (married couples have been able to split superannuation since 2002). Spouse maintenance can also be ordered"

>>17256673
Goes to the welfare of the child, whish means that if she is a stay at home mum she gets majority custody, if she works less then you she gets majority custody, if she has family close by she gets majority custody, because the court reasons that she is the predominant career of the children and now she has that you also have to financially support them too ok more then half your shit please.
>>
>>17256695
>Goes to the welfare of the child, whish means that if she is a stay at home mum she gets majority custody, if she works less then you she gets majority custody, if she has family close by she gets majority custody, because the court reasons that she is the predominant career of the children and now she has that you also have to financially support them too ok more then half your shit please.
I must have missed where it says that those factors are taken into account and if those circumstances are present, there's a presumption that the mother gets custody. Can you point me to where it says that?

Also I'm not sure if you know this, but shared parenting is also a thing, where both parents have equal, or as equal as possible, say in the welfare of the child.
>>
>>17256282
>How much is money supposed to matter?

depends on the demographics you're dating in. the poorer you go, the more it matters.

>Is it wrong I just want to make enough money to be independant and date people based on personality?

nope. common enough, if you hang around certain kinds of people.

>Would I be memeing myself thinking that personality is worth anything?

either way you're memeing yourself.
>>
>>17256282
>Don't get married
> Don't make babies
You're welcome.
>>
>>17256701
It's common fucking sense but here:

>http://www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fccweb/family-law-matters/family-law-in-australia/parenting-cases-the-best-interests-of-the-child/

And if you cant understand how that weighting relates to my previous points well i guess you will next be attempting to convince me that Australia has free speech.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.