[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I'm 19 and just got a job at grocery store. the position
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-533985816170766442.jpg (994 KB, 1440x2392) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-533985816170766442.jpg
994 KB, 1440x2392
so I'm 19 and just got a job at grocery store. the position they offered me was "quality assurance" which is basically fucking janitor

I hate walking around with the fucking cart all day in the store esp when hot girls walk by I feel like a slave. how do I feel better about myself and not sweat my ass off every day
>>
Suck it up or get a better job
>>
>>17256225
Work out and get fit. Impress bitches when you're one-handing watermelons and cows off shelves and into your slave-cart.
>>
>>17256225
I don't have any advice for you, but I'd like to bump because I have a similar question about women at work and not feeling like a slave. I'm a 26 year old IT guy and when I'm dealing with fixing people's computers I basically feel like a retarded child. Two years ago around this time I felt like a champ around women and now I'm pretty much "the computer guy" and I feel like crap.
>>
>>17256241
>>17256225

There's dignity in work, even basic menial work, because it means you're earning something and doing something for yourself. You might get paid like shit and get treated like shit, I don't know, but you're still doing something that you can fundamentally take pride in because you're making your own money, not just living entire off of what your family gives you.

If you believe that and can take pride in the fact that you are working, even if you're not crazy about the work itself, bad jobs become more tolerable.

I know what you mean about losing confidence around women due to work, though, and I'm not sure what to do about that either.
>>
You have to own it
> hot chick sees you mopping floor
> hey bb
> come get you some
> wetness
>>
>>17256241

That's mainly because you feel ashamed of it. If you owned that shit and made sure you were an ace at your job (or at least seemed like it), you'd probably get promoted to some managerial position or some shit and be respected for keeping the company together in one piece despite all the knuckle-dragging tech-illiterates in the office.
>>
>>17256225

you can either be pretentious and say 'im above this'

or you can be not pretentious and say 'hey a jobs a job, its (one of) my first

id only feel bad if i didnt have a plan for what happens next.

honestly i got really lucky though. i mean i did restaurant work for like two weeks, but i managed to have my first real job be office manager without any real prior experience. when i see people at the menial jobs i feel bad for htem and glad for myself but bad that i feel like i wouldnt want to do that.
>>
Your job is bullshit, so try to fuck around as much as possible.

Try talking to customers and co-workers. Being social at work will make you feel less like a slave.

Avoid sweating your ass off at work by either slacking off or getting fit.
>>
Girls your age won't care, the only thing that matters is that you're hot too.
>>
>>17256455
I don't sweat because of the work. i sweat because I look like garbage compared to a smoking hot girl shopping in leggings
>>
>>17256379
>>17256379
>>17256379

This guy.

Seriously though, own it. Everyones had a shit job at some point. If you feel and act that you're below people and a 'slave' people will actually pity you and look.

Enjoy it. It pays the bills, relax, be that cheery cool as a fuck dude thats always chatting to people and enjoying himself. Other people will realise it's just a means to and end and more importantly so will you.
>>
>>17256225
I've started going to the gym. over the last year I lost 50 pounds and this decent looking cashier girl asked me what my name was. my arms are starting to become noticeable. when I'm in my shitty shirt tucked in I look fat still even though my stomach is almost nothing left. I am only making $9 an hour and its by far not the worst job I've had and it pays for my car parts (my car looks nicer than any other employees) but that doesn't reflect me as a person. should I tell anyone that asks that I don't like this job and its only until i find something better?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.