[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I abandon everything and reboot life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Ok, so in short I failed a class in college and dropped four of the other ones I had and passed one class with a C.

I haven't told my parents about it but recently my mom set me up with a client of hers (she's a lawyer) to work at their office. I literally hate this environment and the people are all really robotic. She thought since my first year of college is over I would have to immediately start interning. Only problem is is that I'm not learning or gaining anything that I can put on a resume that employers would be impressed by. They literally had me organize a fuck-load of papers and staple things for just above minimum wage. Worst part about it is that I explained to her that this is a waste of time but her rebuttal is that I will make money and that's all that matters.

My fear is that if I blow this off she will find out out about my grades, which is ultimately inevitable, and then force me to work there. I don't care about the money, I would work unpaid if I could gain experience or just have meaningful work to personally gain from.
>>
>>17256105
Also, my parents argue that I often don't do anything when I'm at home during the summer, which i don't, but I can't see why I should dump away my hours at a place I don't like just to be "productive".

There are many productive people who put on a strain on society constantly doing they're bullshit (con-men, scammers, career criminals)
>>
this pic serves as a deterrent maybe.

my apologies.
>>
last bump
>>
File: 57475313920.jpg (54 KB, 458x1040) Image search: [Google]
57475313920.jpg
54 KB, 458x1040
Stop listening to your parents.
You're 20 something or atleast over 18 for Christ's sake act like it.
Bite the bullet, save up, and move out.
College is the time you should spend exploring and taking risks.
>>
>>17256644
omg i thought no would answer.

thank you for the words.

i've been thinking about what i really want to devote my life to, but the main thought that i feel is stopping me is that my parents will ultimately end up disappointed in me.
>>
File: 61550217584.jpg (61 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
61550217584.jpg
61 KB, 540x540
>>17256650
As I've said before anon you're an adult now. Or atleast learning to become one you can't let your parents dictate your fate forever.
I don't know your situation as well as you do so your parents might be right but what I do know is that you cannot live always needing direction from others. Learn to take control.
I don't mean to flat out rebel and do nothing.
Maybe school just isn't your thing, find a skill trade and learn that. It won't take 4 years to do and you can work right after you finish. Live according to you.
If you're interested you can read this article on finding the meaning of life.

http://highexistence.com/hunter-s-thompsons-monumental-letter-on-how-to-find-meaning-and-purpose-in-life/
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.