[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How high does one need to fall in order to die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1330781339975.jpg (81 KB, 720x570) Image search: [Google]
1330781339975.jpg
81 KB, 720x570
How high does one need to fall in order to die?
>>
>>17256007
You only need 1 meter if you do it right. Make sure to break your neck. Go head first.
>>
Doesn't matter

You'll fail. Like with everything you do
>>
It depends on a number of factors: what position you land in, what exactly you land on, how fast you were going at impact, and others. People have died from 5-foot falls, and people have survived 22,000-foot falls unharmed.
>>
>>17256007
golden gate should suffice
>>
>>17256007
Nothing in this picture makes sense. Why would you need a water landing, just have a normal flat tarmac. How does that aircraft carrier get enough fuel to power itself? Since it's a desert and the water will evaporate over time where do they get the extra water to keep refilling the damn thing? If anything the battleship is making itself to be an unnecessary target by being the biggest major source of water and fuel in the entire desert. How does it move without water sloshing over the sides? How do planes land without splashing water onto the sand? Isn't it dangerous to have sharks swimming around, how to people get move around the ship without being bitten? Also sharks live in saltwater, so that must mean that ship is near a source of natural saltwater to be able to refill itself (i.e. the ocean, in which case why not just have the battleship on the sea?). If they aren't near the ocean that means they're mixing freshwater with salt to be making saltwater, which is completely fucking retarded. They're wasting drinkable water just so the fucking sharks can swim around. This battleship is literally the stupidest thing ever, who is the fucktard who gave the ok to have the fucking thing built? Fucking hell...
>>
I think the artwork is interesting. Where do you find your art, OP?

Presumably, you want to commit suicide. Why do you want to do that, anon? What's on your mind?
>>
>>17256007
it seems like either the planes or the tank is missing oars as a means of backup propulsion. i can't tell which though
>>
>>17256418

Is this bait or are you actually that autistic?
>>
>>17256418

Google surrealism. You'll have a blast.
>>
>>17256763
Im tired of it. Simple as that.
>>
>>17256007
It's not the falling that kills you. It's the landing.
>>
File: 22.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>17256418

I disagree. It would be an important source of water for all forces nearby. Not only that, it could bring large naval cannons to bear to provide cover to all local forces. Along with that, it would also be able to bring heavy AA assets into the battle.

So not only would you have total firepower and air domination, you'd also have air cover on extremely close call. The water is clearly much easier and safer to land in than a conventional aircraft carrier on water due to the fact that it's water, therefore soft.

The soldiers can also take a soothing cool swim in the hot desert heat. Who wouldn't want that?
>>
>>17256784
have you ever had fun in your life? said something in jest?
>>
>>17256007
Start off at a meter, keep increasing it by a meter until dead.
>>
You can't say for sure. The dad of one of my former classmates died because he fell while taking out the trash. On the other hand there are people that jumped from a multi-story building and survived.

If you want to kill yourself jumping is really stupid. And don't do the train thing.
>>
File: Buzz_Lightyear_out_of_the_box.jpg (63 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Buzz_Lightyear_out_of_the_box.jpg
63 KB, 800x450
>>17256007
Well, to be fair, trying to plunge from really high up and failing is called flight.
>>
>>17256418
>>17256833
I love when people go on long rants about super detailed stuff that everyone glazes over.

So this is an example of surrealism?
>>
>>17256418
I'm going to guess that it's a commentary on how the military-industrial complex affects America's relationship to the Middle East.
>>
nominated for best thread 2016
>>
>>17257115
If you think water is soft then maybe you should take a plunge into the pacific from an airplane at 10,000ft
>>
>>17256418
pretty funny
>>
>>17257373
It's bound to be softer than tarmac. And if the plane is flying fow a slow landing like on a carrier, then yhea, especially if it had skis n shiet
>>
>>17257115
Water isnt soft on impact. It is harder than concrete due to surface tension
>>
>>17257413
It isnt water resists displacement, you would splatter.
>>
>>17257115
Aircraft carriers are designed to be humdreds of miles from battle because one missile means dead carrier. Big guns are obsolete because bombs on planes are more accurate, lower risk, and more utility.
Also irl this thing would move at 3mph.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.