[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My friend is 17, and graduated two weeks ago. he is uncomfortable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: fdgsdfg.png (1 MB, 1047x754) Image search: [Google]
fdgsdfg.png
1 MB, 1047x754
My friend is 17, and graduated two weeks ago. he is uncomfortable living with his parents and wants to know if it is legal to move out of his home to live with me (one of his friends, he wants to be roommates.) we both live in the state of new York. most google searches don't fall under these circumstances so we decided to come here.
>>
>>17255199

>most google searches dont follow under these circumstances

what circumstances?
>wants to move out
>legally cant

saying 'but he wants to move out...' doesnt change the circumstances.

if he has something serious going on he can get emancipated but he needs a way to actually support himself. if his parents legit dont care, consider just asking them. he probally isnt recently 17 and wont mind letting him get a head start, but you didnt tell us anything other than hes 'uncomfortable' so we dont know
>>
>>17255207
the main question is, since he has graduated, does that change anything with the "wanting to move out" situation.
his parents are not supportive of the idea.
>>
>>17255215

nope. if that was the case they wouldnt have an age to move out, they'd just make it after highschool.
>>
>>17255199

17 is age of consent in new york, so I believe he is considered an adult by our standards.

what part of NY are you from?
>>
>>17255243

no hes not. first google search says that 17 is when you can start having sex, 18 is when you can move out.

there are plenty of states where you can have sex under the age of 18 but that doesnt mean you can move out.

you cant drink until you're 21. just cuz one age lets you do one thing doesnt mean it will let you do all the others.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.