[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am concerned about my sister. She responded to someone who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Rambling for CHRIST.png (46 KB, 491x534) Image search: [Google]
Rambling for CHRIST.png
46 KB, 491x534
I am concerned about my sister. She responded to someone who said they didn't have any respect for martyrs with this rant.
My sister took me to my first concert, Rage Against the Machine, in 1997. I was 11. She showed me George Carlin and Bill Hicks.

Religion was never a big thing in our house. Our parents taught us to question authority, not blindly believe in any ideology, and that organized religion had a tendency towards corruption over time.

This has really only started in the last year or two. I am concerned, as my sister has three young children. She's pulled them out of school and is teaching them this. I am concerned for them. What should I do? Should I even do anything?
>>
Make sure she's not insane. How insane is your sister, bro?
>>
>>17255018
She never used to be, but now I wonder. Sadly, I live a few states away from her now.
>>
>>17255032
You must go back
>>
>>17255035
But what do I do?
>>
File: 1451155101400.jpg (75 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
1451155101400.jpg
75 KB, 600x544
>>17255007
That's some next level shit there mate. If you replaced the jesus' with mohameds in that text I'd say she was about three days away from alloha snackbaring a train station or something.

Is this just something she's picked up on from the internet or is she involved with an actual church of some sort?
>>
File: descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es.jpg (95 KB, 1031x860) Image search: [Google]
descartes-meditac3a7c3b5es.jpg
95 KB, 1031x860
>>17255049
>>
>>17255007
What's the matter? Scared?
>>
>>17255081
Yeah, she's gotten all of this from a church. I think she only uses the Internet for Facebook.
>>17255144
Yes. I am scared for my nieces and nephew. I am scared that she's going to become the sort of bigot she used to rail against. I am scared that I am losing my sister to blind zealotry.
>>
>>17255149
I don't really see how she's bigoted in that post. Zealous, but not exactly bigoted.
Blind zealotry though? What if it's not blind?
>>
>>17255160
The conversation continues
>>
File: conversation continues.png (79 KB, 698x844) Image search: [Google]
conversation continues.png
79 KB, 698x844
>>17255201
Sorry, messed up the last one, had to delete it.
>>
>>17255209
I don't see what's wrong here except maybe she shouldn't have announced she forgave you since that's really stupid and implies that there should be any issue with that.
she's sworn that she's not gonna kill anyone over this, is there something wrong with having strong beliefs and feelings about something?
>>
File: 01928375.jpg (35 KB, 480x541) Image search: [Google]
01928375.jpg
35 KB, 480x541
>>17255007
>>17255209
>>
>>17255007

Fuck off reddit
>>
>>17255209
Why are you continuing the discussion in fucking facebook?

You should take about this in private, now you're mongering people to point their fingers because "she is a zealot lol".
>>
>>17255209

I don't see any bigotry in there OP. It sounds to me like you are the bigot for thinking less about your sister just because she's a Christian. She has a lot of zeal but that's not a bad thing, our world is filled with dumb fucks that believe only in their own persona, without any greater cause.

Also Rage Against the Machine sucks. Stop being a commie.
>>
>>17255149
Women are followers.

They can completely change ideology because of the right charismatic character in their life, especially when they feel lost and have no other such person to guide them.
>>
>>17255209
Looks like your sister is a retard and you're not a particularly convincing speaker.

Text usually is a poor way to communicate people who are making emotional arguments, even if you used to be close.
You should probably have tried to speak with her in person and avoid such topics until you get more familiar with her again.
But now you've banged the side of the religious looney hornets nest it'll probably be hard to go that route. You've been identified as an ideological threat and everything you do and say will now be interpreted through that lens of hostility and distrust.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.