[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey. I am suffering from depression, it kicked in about 3 weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Yandex-Images-2016-01-11.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Yandex-Images-2016-01-11.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Hey.
I am suffering from depression, it kicked in about 3 weeks ago when my only friend started ignoring me for no reason. Ive talked to him about it and he says it just happened but he dtill considers me his friend.

My mother was mentally abusing me until i moved out and I had severe depression while living with her, having the support of a friend helped greatly.

Now I have no friends, no family and when I try talking to my friend he just says "Why do you have to be so boring?" He completely ignored the fact that I have depression and is hanging out with the people he "hated" before.

I dont know what to do and I usually play games when I feel bad, I want to give up on getting him back but he was a great friend who has helped me through a lot.
>>
If possible please keep the thread alive, I am currently on my phone with 1% battery but I am 10 minutes away from home.
>>
How did your friend help you?
>>
>>17255031
He often came to my house and talked with my mom since she wouldnt listen to me. Sometimes when things got out of hand he helped me get out of the house.
>>
>>17255043
Face it, you can't expect someone to be your friend if you're constantly a depressed, boring, pessimistic mess. Would you like a friend like that, that would only bring you down?
>>
>>17255057
Did I say I was like that all the time? He was my best friend and he helped me get through depression, we had later over the course of 4 years done all kinds of shit together. Until one day he suddenly starts ignoring me.

If those 4 years sound depressing to you then I don't know what your definition of the word is.
>>
Have you tried asking your friend what's wrong?
>>
>>17255127
You did something to make him go away. If he were actually busy and unable to respond he would've probably told you. Otherwise he just wanted to get rid of you. You're a toxic person, sometimes people realize they're better off without that. Either stop being a toxic shell or enjoy your loneliness.
>>
>>17255132
Ive asked him why he did that and he said.
"I was busy that day so I told you to fuck off, theeeen I kinda just started hanging out with them and ignoring you lol"

To me this honestly seems like a shitty lie, though he's not the kind of guy to be lying.
>>
>>17254848
Not to be a downer, but you can't rely on your friend to be the one to get you out of your depression every time.
If you're always turning to him without offering anything in return it's a given he'll eventually get tired of supporting someone who can't seem to support themselves, which is likely what happened.

Also, >>17255140 is being a dick, but there is a point in the first sentence.
>>
>>17255152
I only relied on him the time we spent with our parents, later on after I moved out everything was fine and we just enjoyed everything as it is since the only one causing depression was my mother, who I now moved from.

It just seems dickish that after 4 years he suddenly starts to ignore me, those 4 years I haven't been in depression even once and we were just doing things together like traveling, camping, playing games etc
We had no problems discussing any matters and there was no privacy inbetween us, that's why it baffles me why he's ignoring me.
>>
>>17255169
Also I must mention, whenever something was wrong between us and we felt it we always talked to each other about it and discussed what could be improved.

Also I have helped him many times with his relationships towards his family too so I'm not just leeching off him. Though it does feel shit to think that way, the way I think about it is as long as we are friends we're just going to help each other, it's not supposed to be some kind of debt.
>>
>>17255182
My only advice is you should do a coffee enema since apparently you are quite toxic. Open your ass and your heart will follow.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.