[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So last night my downstairs neighbor called the cops on us citing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So last night my downstairs neighbor called the cops on us citing us smoking weed. The Cops came and we didn't let them in but they asked a few questions outside (in a bored manner, like why the fuck am I here) then left. They obviously didn't see or smell anything. Apparently this isn't the first time they have been called but it's the first time the police confronted us.

Now a bit of background. We're 9 months into our lease in a 1 year lease. They are in maybe the 2nd month of theirs. A couple weeks back the guy came to our door saying a "cigarette butt: fell through the cracks and hit their daughter on the head. I answered the door and apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. The roommate of mine who does smoke offered to sweep any cigarette butt that may have fallen through off their porch the next day then gave him his number just in case they had any other concerns. Then 2 weeks later or so they call the police on us, without calling us or voicing their concerns to us.

Now we do in fact smoke pot outside, but we are on the top floor and we don't make loud rackets or bother anyone. We now keep the porch clean and we smoke bowls and no joints. We decided to start smoking in the bathroom instead of going outside.

Now they apparently leave their door open and are hell bent on catching us. We never complain when they are being loud or their kids are loud but they don't appear to want to offer the same courtesy to us with us smoking a little weed.

What can we further do about the situation? The cops aren't going to keep coming out here for a weed smell and we are not in any way trafficking as we don't have people coming and going.

It may be past us just talking since they are so quick to call the cops. What do?
>>
Make a "dick" or "sploof"

>get plastic bottle
>get dryer sheets
>put 4 large holes in the bottom of the bottle
>stuff said bottle with dryer sheets
>exhale marjuana smoke thru said bottle

Much like my mother when I was in high school, they wont suspect a thing.
>>
>>17254890
Hey that's cool. Why is it called a dick?
>>
>>17254835
as the other anon said, a sploof is a good option. another option is to say fuck them, bad neighbors are part of life. the cops can't legally do anything unless you open the door and they see a bong or something.
>>
Next time their kids are loud go complain. They don't have any intention of being good neighbors so fuck em
>>
>>17254983
why would a bong alert a police officer? they sell them legally in every tobacco shop around
>>
>>17255014
that's a great theory, you should try to test it and see what the officer does.

seriously though, if they see a used bong, they will assume its weed. doesn't matter if you say its for tobacco use only, nobody uses a bong for tobacco, especially not young adults, which im assuming you are.

rule of thumb, if a cop knocks on your door, don't just open the door and talk, step outside, close the door behind you, and talk.
>>
Consider not being drug addicts
>>
>>17255029
That's what my roommate who answered the door did. He asked if he could come in and he said I'd rather you didn't and that was that. If they keep on calling the cops and never find anything then I think they will either A. Stop coming or B. We could file a harassment claim
>>
>>17255114
Your assessment is probably correct. If the cops have no reason to believe you are breaking the law, they will eventually ignore your neighbors calls, because it is just a waste of police time. They could even be fined if they keep doing it.
>>
>>17255122
We are just going to smoke inside bathrooms with the fan on. Our complex has individual climate apartments so it won't circulate to other apartments. We are also going to burn incense and febreeze every time. Shouldn't give them any reason to call cops.
>>
Just not smoking would be an easy solution
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.