[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How badly do I fuck up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1424221352719.png (226 KB, 722x872) Image search: [Google]
1424221352719.png
226 KB, 722x872
So I've talked about situations with this person before but it's still hard to go through. I know the common answer is to move on, but in the conversation could I have done better? I felt like we weren't understanding each other completely and I gets cut short.

Having someone I felt close to, do this again pretty much kills me. She 's not the first friend to do this and the people I talk to are always saying it's more on them but I think it's on me seeing how common this has come to in life. I did have very poor social skills when growing up so I always like to think of friends first but still, being almost 20, I think I should've gotten past this by now.
>>
Getting past writing unnecessary long letters to people who reject you has nothing to do with age, son.

You either stop or you don't.
To answer you question, yes, you could have done better by just replying "alright, no worries", but it doesn't really matter.

The only way to change someone's mind about you is to change yourself, and go no contact until you have better game.
>>
Your M I guess?
>>
>>17254726
Yup
>>
File: 1448835641886.jpg (9 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
1448835641886.jpg
9 KB, 480x468
>>17254661
You are what I call a definition of insanity, mate.

Fucking hell, and I even went through all that wall of texts. You need to get your shit together and learn to live alone. When you'll be ok on your own, then you can start to bring people in your life.
>>
>>17254661
The hardest thing in the world is loving someone who doesn't love you, and it's also the hardest thing to understand. It feels like she OUGHT TO love you, and you must not have made your case strongly enough, and that if you could only explain better, she WOULD love you.

But you have to wrap your mind around this terrible truth: YOUR FEELINGS DO NOT CONTROL OTHERS' FEELINGS.

That you like her is a fact. That she should therefore like you is not, and all the arguments and explanation in the world will not make it one.

It sounds from her first posts that she has tried to communicate her lack of interest before, but she was trying to be polite or gentle. And because she-ought-to-love-you seemed so obvious to you, you couldn't see her rejection and could only think you hadn't explained it better.

But here she does say, as clearly as possible "I'm not interested." Your response then, instead of the long blue post, should have been "OK. I'm disappointed but I wish you well."

Instead you kept arguing. Your long blue posts essentially say "But I love you and therefore you're supposed to love me.What's wrong with you?"

And that eventually gets annoying.
>>
>>17254746
One of the problems or confusions is that. We stopped talking before and later when we started talking again she was really all over me and it was difficult to understand but I was playing it out and then as time went on a lot of personal things happened that were hard to deal with so I ended up latching onto her much more later on but it still felt like it wasn't too much. The thing is our entire friendship was based on emotions and she said she wasn't into me but I still wanted to be friends

Though I think >>17254745 is spot on which is something I've been trying to do for a while but is still a little hard being someone who's been pretty lonely since I was young. Idk It is doable but it's hard to want to go back and I try and keep the friends I do have
>>
>>17254744
Ah. Yea, I am the D that's been writing about M.

But yea, looks like you went too clingy. That's all I can really say.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.