[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
introversion or just sperg?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 589235960.jpg (69 KB, 564x748) Image search: [Google]
589235960.jpg
69 KB, 564x748
I'm a quiet person but lately I've been wondering if I'm too quiet. I'll try to start conversations but they never last since I run out of things to talk about. Doesn't really matter who I'm with I don't say much.
Recently, I was diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder but I'm not sure I agree with this doctor. I've already met with numerous (7) psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellors, and therapists and only 1 has briefly mentioned the possibility of aspergers.
I should also mention I smoke weed and I've tried acid before.
>>
What do you try to talk about?
Maybe consider telling someone what you are passionate about (even if it is an autistic hobby) and gauge their interest. If they see you are excited about it they may become interested and add something tangentially related.

Just be wary of being annoying about it.
>>
>>17254647
Oh shit. You seem like me.
I definitely see the stretch of silence as an issue, because it has undermined my ability to connect with people on multiple occasions.

Personally I don't think I have any real mental health issues, but I've also never been evaluated by a psychologist.

I've been taking it upon myself to deal with it. Sort of like self coaching.
>>
>>17254700
Not that anon, but to add on a point. When you talk about hobbies try to not get too technical about the hobby itself. Instead talk about what and why that hobby excites you, or how you started that hobby.
>>
>>17254700
Elaborating further, just tell someone something. Memorize fun facts from snapple caps and blurt them out. Force yourself into the convo
>>
>>17254700
I try to guage what the other persons interests are by asking questions and looking for visible cues.
It's just when I'm with people I've known for much longer periods of time like my childhood friends I don't have much to say.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.