[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dropped a friend 3 days ago. I cared about her very much, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I dropped a friend 3 days ago. I cared about her very much, but the relationship was poison for me.

I used to talk to her every day. Now I don't, and I don't feel bad about it. I just feel guilty for not feeling bad.

I may end up seeing her in a few days, but I think I'll try to just ignore her.

Any advice to keep myself from thinking about her or how to distance myself. Last time I did this the friend moved overseas for 10 months. made it tons easier to do.
>>
Imagine she is a part of your imagination and doesn't exist. In her body there is her twin sister/alien.
It helped.
The ignoring part was horrible mistake tho
>>
>>17254543
>The ignoring part was a horrible mistake tho
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>17254560
It was in my case, keep in mind that your actions have consequences.
Though i cut out a different toxic friend and it feels awesome, we had no mutual friends or real connection.
>>
>>17254612
In my case we had an argument, and told her off for being poison. Then I said i couldn't be her friend anymore.

On Friday we'll probably see each other just because of mutual friends and stuff. So i reckon I'll just put myself on the other side of the room or leave the room
>>
>>17254621
Sorry op it smells drama to me.
If you like literally anything in her you may take less drastic measure like distancing yourself from her no?
>>
>>17254632
I did love her, but I realised that she is self-centered, and i spent the good part of 7 months giving her advice on a bunch of things, to have her be a bitch back. She had no regards for my feelings. When I told her I was uncomfortable talking about certain topics, and she'd keep going on about it.

I got fed up and gave her a piece of my mind - then told her I need a break from the friendship.
>>
>>17254636
It sounds like you're doing some important self-preservation there. If you aren't getting anything out of the relationship, why would you put your time, energy and emotional well-being into maintaining it? You've done nothing wrong. You weren't dishonest with her, you didn't take from her without reciprocating (as she did to you), all you did was step back for your own well-being. You have nothing to feel guilty about.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.