[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basically I'm a loser with no self-esteem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 2001..gif (3 MB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
2001..gif
3 MB, 620x349
I'm a goddamn 19 y/o bisexual chick; virgin, kiss-less, date-less, relationship-less and devastatingly shy. Talking to people scares me, and not just strangers. Also people I've known and talked to and been friendly with in the past.
It never used to bother me but lately since I've been back at uni I feel so inadequate regarding dating and sex and all that jazz. The idea of casual sex and dating for the hell of it really does not interest me at all. I'd prefer a meaningful and long-term relationship. I want to talk to people and meet people. I want to, but as I said, I'm pretty socially anxious.

There is a girl I really like (we're already friends and yes she's into girls), but because I've never done any of this before I have no idea about the social conventions of it all. I've been planning to ask her out but just fuckin how do you do that shit? What words do I use? How do I deal with the likely rejection (even if she says no, I'll be able to say I asked someone out for the first time)?

tl;dr: how can I stop being so fucking shy?
>>
Dont be afraid of the rejection. Its more normal than you think.

If you already know her, ask her out then. Ask her if shes up for hanging out at x day at y time, if she accepts, great. If not, keep on fishing, its that simple really.

One thing, be yourself and dont be scared, theres no reason to be after all.

Good luck sis.
>>
>>17254426
Thanks, bro.
Asking her is the first step which I can probably manage. I think I've prepared less for if she actually accepts. What do you even do on a date? I'm just that sad.
>>
>>17254434

You just talk, and be yourself. Try to know your partner better by just talking to her. If shes likes you, you will notice it.

Dont overthink it too much, the date would flow on its own pace, just worry about enjoying it if it happens and nice things might happen!
>>
guy here,
I'm in a similar situation at and I just find that having a common interest can get things going, ease into the situations over time naturally take personal risks if they turn out bad it's okay it's not the end of the world... bring up an opportunity to go out for food/drinks/meetups. use that common interest and don't beat around the bush unless you really want to be friends try to be confident and direct but not overly arrogant. hope this helps
>>
Attention whore: The Thread.

Here comes your 500+ replies.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.