[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 900x900
Has anyone here experienced taking a rape case to court? What was it like? Would I be able to do it somewhat anonymously or would I have to have my name public ally associated with the trial?

Also, I really feel like I was raped because this messed me up emotionally so bad but I also have a lot of guilt and regret.
I'm gonna explain what happened- could you give your opinion on whether or not I should pursue legal action?
>>
>a boy from my class invites me to a party
>I go, chat with him and his friends and their dates, drink some.
>he does not drink because he is recovering from drinking the night before
>I go to the bathroom and leave my drink. Didn't eat a lot that day, start to feel a little more intoxicated than I thought I would have.
>ask for him to take me back to my dorm
>black out in the car on the way back

I have memories of telling him my dorm number and telling him to call my roommate and tell her I was coming home soon.
Then I have memories of it being really dark, him loudly saying my name and me floating in and out of conciousness. I remember feeling him inside me and him shoving his dick in my mouth and me crying.

I woke up like 2 hours later and I was in a really dark room (his dorm apparently) and I couldn't find my underwear and I had a ton of missed calls from my roommate who asked why I wasn't home and told me she had called the police.

I walked back to my dorm and my roommate is there with the police who had apparently been looking for me. I am still extremely intoxicated at this point, but after asking me questions that I don't remember they convinced me to go to the hospital.
At the hospital I had a rape kit done and they shoved a bunch of tools and chemicals in/on me to gather evidence and assess damage.
My asshole and vagina were ripped and I had scratch marks on my neck and shoulders.

So he raped me anally, orally, and vaginally. I was really fucked up so they made me stay in the psychiatric ER for 3 days which was awful because I wasn't allowed to shower or have my phone to contact my family
Tldr:
I got really drunk and a sober boy who I thought I could trust took me to his dorm and had violent sex with me while I cried.

For a really long time I completally blamed myself for this- but also what kind of guy does that? I'd understand more if he was also drunk and couldn't really tell how helpless I was but he knew and took advantage of that.
>>
>>17254161
Note: I don't have any personal experience in this area, but unless this happened a long time ago, it sounds like you have a good chance. Especially if there were witnesses to you being drunk and him being sober.

Unfortunately, in cases like this it's really hard to stay anonymous unless you're underage. Additionally, the other side's lawyer will often go on the offense, defending the rapist by attacking your character directly. Look at the recent "Brock Turner" case for an example. If they're grasping at straws, they won't hesitate to drag your name through the mud to paint you as the villain. It rarely seems to work, but just mentally prepare yourself, because it's almost guaranteed to happen.
>>
>>17254190
This sounds like there really can't be any doubt about it being rape, and with all that evidence I think you have a pretty strong case. You should sue, if only so he doesn't do it again. Because if he gets away with this, he probably will.
>>
>>17254161
what do you do? you go to the cops. chances are its gonna become a bigger thing in the climate right now if someone that looks at court cases to promote stuff like this, or a bored reporter gets wind of it. then again there are tons of rape cases that you never hear about. again though, I mean that stuff is all public. so anyone can go search through that stuff.
>>
>>17254161
what happened?
>>
>>17254190
you should pursue the legal action and have him jailed for rape. a no is a no, and when intoxicated an consent cannot be made, also you already been tested with the rape kit so you should have all the evidence of the scenario.

if it was just vaginally i would not even suggest going forward, but anally? that just plain dangerous, something could have ripped and make you leak shit forever, no bueno,
>>
>>17254161
it is rape and surprised the cops haven't ask you to give a statement. In the US you can remain anonymous to the press but you will have to testify in court
>>
>>17254359
>that just plain dangerous, something could have ripped and make you leak shit forever, no bueno,
is that a thing? I've never heard of that being a thing.
>>
>>17254363
It is not a thing. Anal fissures are painful, but they usually heal by themselves and they don't make you shit yourself.
>>
>>17254359
>when intoxicated an consent cannot be made
your english is almost exactly as bad as OPs. that aside, this has always bothered me. like I've done some stupid shit that Iv'e regretted while drunk. I've done some really stupid shit when I was blackout drunk. I have a problem with the fact that two people can get supremely inebriated and perhaps consent to each other at the time but be so pissed they don't remember what happened, and then both their lives are completely fucked. like I don't know what the answer is to that problem other than drinking responsibly... but any time you bring that up people just get defensive as fuck.

this situation is obviously pretty damn sketchy but what if OP told the guy some shit while she was blackout and he couldn't tell she was in that state. you ever had friends blackout and you have a fight with them where they act like a proper ass and the next day they're all buddy buddy cause they don't remember? like did it still happen though?

I think we should all wear cameras at all times when partying hard. I think that's the only way. but even then I mean if you can't consent while drunk I mean. like you can do all kinds of shit while drunk where do we draw the "this doesn't count" line? like I've asked to be slapped before to help sober up. I don't remember it at all, but I did according to many people and a video. does that mean that was assault?

anyways, that's always bothered me a bit. not justifying anything but I think that if you get utterly boozed, idk. party chest cams, thats the solution.
>>
>>17254370
that's what I thought.
>>
>>17254385
I generally agree with you, but by the point where you have to spend several days in hospital, you're kinda over the point of questionable consent.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.