[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way in storing millions of dollars without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1040x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1040x600
What's the best way in storing millions of dollars without putting it in a bank or risk easy access for thieves (personal safe)?
>>
A briefcase?
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 300x200
>>17253992
I'm pretty sure that's easier to get to than a safe.

I just want to know the best way to store large amounts of money with the least amount of risk in losing all of it.
>>
>>17253980
Build a fake wall in your house. Just don't hire anyone, do it yourself.
>>
>>17253980
What's wrong with a bank? Accounts are insured by the gov for up to 100k I think, so split it into 10 accounts.

And don't give me any bull about the wanting your money when the government collapses. If the gov is gone, your money is worthless anyways.
>>
Store the cash in vacuum bags, hidden in a safe, somewhere in your own house. Make a false wall/floor and have something covering it, like a painting, wall-ornament...or a rug if its under the floorboards.
Old people used to keep their savings close to their persons when they sleep, inside of their mattress. That to is adviced, as no one would suspect a bed containing money.
Got an attic thats hard to get to? Great hiding place
>>
How'd you get the cash op?
>>
>>17254036
Not now; it's just hypothetical.
>>
>>17254070
Yeah sure
>>
If you own a house/land you could bury it.
Dig a deep hole and use vacuum sealed bags, double bag it for safety.
If no one sees you and you cut the grass out and put it back in fairly well no one will ever know where it is.
>>
>>17254020
>Accounts are insured by the gov for up to 100k I think

$250k per account, assuming bank is FDIC (virtually all are).
>>
>>17253980
Buy property.
>>
I'll store it for you op.
>>
>>17253999
>I just want to know the best way to store large amounts of money with the least amount of risk in losing all of it.
Massachusetts banks would be simplest.

I specify Massachusetts because FDIC insures deposits up to $250,000; you could split your money across banks to keep it all insured, but this is a hassle. Massachusetts has its own fund that insures deposits larger than this (FDIC still covers the first $250,000), so you could do it in one account.
>>
>>17253980
Banks are pretty safe desu
You can also get interests so theres that
>>
>>17254276
Yeah I was thinking of FDIC. I didn't know it's 250k, that's cool.
>>
>>17253980
false wall or floor
use a decoy safe in an obvious location
>>
Spread it around. All in one place is a bad idea.
>>
No second walls because people can walk into walls on accident.
Hide it under the floor that is covered by a rug.
Twice the safety and you can access it pretty easy take off the rug and open the little hatch you have take out money and close hatch put the rug back on.
You'll just have to unrug your room every now and again but better more effort than none.

Or better put it into a plastic bag and then in a waterand iceproof bag air tight then put it in the bottom of a freezer and then fill the freezer with icecream.
Every time you reach the money you'll need it to buy more icecream. So you don't get lazy on the icecream so can cover the money but you can't always reach the money without torturing yourself with brainfreeze
>>
File: 1465792422598.png (169 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
1465792422598.png
169 KB, 750x1334
Store it in Panama.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.