[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me understand women, /adv/. Why do they completely lack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1452247666638.png (2 MB, 1440x1681) Image search: [Google]
1452247666638.png
2 MB, 1440x1681
Help me understand women, /adv/.

Why do they completely lack self-confidence?

I'm doing some work over the summer to pay for uni, and one of the women at the place I'm working is a nervous wreck when other people are around. Every time I'm around, she starts talking to herself (not serial killer "talking to herself", mostly just verbally going over what she's working on at the time, like she's nervous), fidgeting, shuffling through papers, etc. She doesn't do it when she's alone; only when someone's there.

Also, when I walk by in the morning, her eyes go all wide and she blurts out "ohhianonhowisyourdaygoing?" in the fastest, quietest voice I've ever heard before scurrying away to her office like she's afraid I'll attack her. I'm not a nig nog, so I've got no clue why someone would be that afraid of me.

And then there's the fact that she's apparently terrified of going anywhere alone. When one of the people in the office had a birthday and brought in a cake, she asked me if I wanted to go with her to get some, like she was afraid she'd get raped by our company's token black employee or something if she went alone. And when I said I was busy with work she said "oh -- maybe later then" like there was some physical barrier preventing her from getting her own damn cake.

Do women just completely lack agency? Is self-confidence a completely foreign concept to them? How the fuck do I get inside their heads and figure out how they work?

Pic unrelated.
>>
I guess "it's just her" doesn't work for you? Has to be all women?
>>
>>17253627
Yeah, she's just the most recent example. I've noticed similar behavior in a number of women.
>>
Question: how does this affect you?
>>
>>17253832
Something I'm curious about.
>>
Not all women are like this.
No.
No.
You can't understand all women based off one woman or a few. It's only important to try to understand a few that are in your life, like a boss, your mom or a gf/wife, your daughter.

You should stop generalizing an entire sex too.
>>
>>17253859
>You can't understand all women based off one woman.

Well, based off all the women I've ever met, it's true.
>>
Perhaps you are extremely handsome OP and just don't know it
>>
You're just a racist and they can smell it.
>>
>>17253859
this
>>
>>17253925
first of all
>what is sample size
second, there is a whole board that proves that lack of self-confidence is hardly a trait unique to women. it's called /r9k/
>>
I've known plenty of confident women.

The issue is that confidence in women is often viewed as negative. A woman who is confident about her appearance is seen as narcissistic, a woman who is confident about her work is often seen as too masculine or bossy or a bitch. We're conditioned to be humble, because being bold isn't ladylike, and humbleness often goes hand in hand with meekness.

In this particular case, though, it sounds like she just likes you and is spilling her spaghetti.
>>
>>17254138
this. if you're not confident enough though, you won't get taken seriously (especially at work). so you have to walk this fine line and take a calculated risk of turning someone off or losing their respect for being too manly while risking turning someone else off or losing their respect for not taking ownership of yourself and your ideas.

not that guys don't have their own fine lines to walk too. they have quite a few. just sayin.

it would be great if nobody had to walk a fine line or worry about what anybody else thought about them. and I guess technically you don't *have* to any more than you *have* to do anything. but if you want things like sex and relationships and a job and stuff, it helps to consider that kind of thing.
>>
>>17254138

>women can be confident too!
>b-b-but we're afraid to show it because people might think mean things about us!
>which never happens to men who act confident!
>but we're still totally confident!
>which is why we care so much about what other people think!

Oh lordy lordy...

>>17254126

>you're a racist

Anon, I could never be racist. Racism is evil, and only a nigger would knowingly do something evil.

>>17254135

>sample size

Mine's pretty large. At a certain point you stop looking for the mythical strong empowered womyn because you realize she doesn't exist outside the fantasies of bitter dykes.
>>
>>17254169
Are you intentionally being retarded, or is that just how you are?
>>
>>17254197

Have I hit a nerve?

If so, which was it? The confidence comment, the nigger comment, or the sample size comment?
>>
>>17254200
No nerves, just wondering how someone's reading comprehension could be so piss-poor when there are not a lot of spelling/grammatical errors. So I assume you're being a dunce on purpose, but you can never be sure.
>>
>>17254206

Do you actually have any substance to back up what you're saying, or are you just going to keep getting frustrated because what I say contradicts what you want to believe?
>>
>>17254210
If you can't figure it out on your own, then you are legitimately retarded. I'm very sorry. Does your aide know you're on the internet?
>>
File: whiteknight.jpg (121 KB, 806x960) Image search: [Google]
whiteknight.jpg
121 KB, 806x960
>>17254211

Well, if you were a nigger I doubt you'd be able to figure out how to use a computer, so I'm going to assume the comment you're butt-flustered about is the "confident woman" one.

So tell me anon, are you a strong empowered womyn that's afraid of what her coworkers think about her stunningly high levels of confidence or a white knight who's angry because m'lady won't let you touch her no matter how much you defend her honor on the internet?
>>
Troll thread, nothing to see here, move along /adv.
>mfw it should have been obvious after the OP was clearly fishing for the "is he too dumb to realize she loves him"
>mfw following posts by OP make it even more blatantly obvious
>mfw still people are trying to give serious advice
>mfw I have no face
>>
it's actually a lack of confidence in humanity because we have to deal with these kind of threads.
>>
>>17254169
your sample size is pretty large?
kek
aren't you still in uni, youngin?
>>
>>17255097
>have to deal with
>deal with

Oh you poor thing! You mean to tell me that you have to deal with comments on the internet? And that some of those comments are -- horror of horrors -- negative? And that people do not bow and scrape to you in reverence when you grace them with your presence? My heavens, I do not understand how you survive undergoing such arduous mistreatment!

I'm so sorry your worshipfullness. Please forgive me for making an observation without realizing that all things non-positive about women are badthink and must therefore be put down the memory hole and not commented on!

I will do my very best to worship all things vagina-related from now on like a good little white knight. Anything to please a goddess so obviously deserving of worship such as yourself!
>>
>>17256250
Well, that escalated quickly...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.