[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a guy and have some friends who I've known since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: spider.gif (2 MB, 430x415) Image search: [Google]
spider.gif
2 MB, 430x415
I'm a guy and have some friends who I've known since elementary school. They're very traditional, for example one got married at 21, and another at 23. I didn't really have an interest in that life style, and other than the occasional trying to set me up with exceptionally uninteresting women, they didn't bother me too much about it.

A few months ago I met someone who I am very interested in. I really like that she doesn't follow normal gender norms, I like how she treats me, and like her style. My friends however think she treats me terribly, and is a poor example of what a woman should be. They can't be around her for even a few minutes without telling me what a huge mistake I'm making by associating with her, and how bad she is.

I tell them to cut it out, and they just say they're trying to prevent me from making a huge mistake. We've been friends for a really, really long time, but I'm really done with putting up with them shitting on her. Any advice on how to proceed? How do I get the people in my life to be at peace with each other?
>>
>>17253572
Just because someone's been your friend for a long time, doesn't mean you have to keep them around. Time doesn't equate to how good of a friend they are
>>
Your friends are probably right about her.
>>
>>17253603
this desi

"non traditional" means she likes boxing or something masculine like that. What you really mean by "non traditional" is that she's a basket case who treats you like garbage and you're trying to make up a reason for it. Your friends are probably right. Been there, done that.
>>
>>17253574
Yeah I know, just really don't want to have to cut them off. There's a lot of history there, even if they are being a huge pain in my ass now.
>>17253603
They're right that she wouldn't meet their standards, but my standards are different, and she's exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
>>17253620
>Yeah I know, just really don't want to have to cut them off. There's a lot of history there, even if they are being a huge pain in my ass now.
Then deal with them bitching about your girlfriend.
>>
>>17253572
Go ahead and cut your friends. Then, when your stupid whore of a girlfriend ditches your beta ass, you'll be all alone and hopefully kys.
>>
>>17253572
Sounds like you're in the honey moon phase with that girl and can't really see clearly unlike your friends.

>>17253603
I have to agree with this anon, you better listen to your friends.
>>
>>17253872
this desu, those guys, while they may have different tastes ideals than you, are more likely than not right and trying to look out for you. maybe im wrong, but in my anecdotal experience, if your bros are that adament about trying to convince you to drop a girl, shes usually bad news.
its hard to say whether theyre right or just being faggy though based on the info you gave. what exactly dont they like about her?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.