[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
hey /adv/ I already posted in /g/ but idk if that was the right place to post so here I am. I'm looking for a laptop that I can take with me to uni that is able to do regular school assignment work stuff as well as be able to play overwatch and dark souls 3 type games on mid to high settings. so far I've found this: http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8658-clevo-p650rg-p-8654.html

anything in the $1500-$1900 price range is do-able.

>pic related it's my dog
>>
>gaming
>laptop
Pick one
>>
>>17253322
ya I know it's a stretch. but it's not like I'm asking for the rig to be able to play games on ultra high settings either yanno
>>
>>17253327
If you want to be able to play games even half-decently, you won't get a laptop.
>>
Unless you're moving into a tiny Freshmen dorm without any room for a PC, you really don't need a laptop. There are going to be zero situations where you need to carry your computer everywhere.
>>
>>17253333
checked.
but I know of people who have laptops and play games just fine. that's why I came here. and I can't really bring a PC to class with me
>>
>>17253338
the thing is, I know it's cheaper to buy parts of a PC and build it yourself, but I don't know a thing about that. this would be my first real gaming computer so why not a laptop that can also be used for lab write-ups or notes
>>
>>17253340
> I know of people who have laptops and play games just fine
So ask them

>I can't really bring a PC to class with me
You don't need to bring a computer of any sort to class at all

>>17253348
>this would be my first real gaming computer so why not a laptop that can also be used for lab write-ups or notes
It's no longer a gaming computer then, is it? A gaming computer is a computer that is optimised for playing games. That's just not possible with a laptop
>>
>>17253359
thanks
>>
>>17253348
You can buy decent PC parts for $600
Or buy it pre-made at Walmart for $800
Or buy a laptop for $2,000

They all do the same thing, with progressively shittier parts.
Building a PC is literally like putting together Legos. Spend 5 minutes in /g/ and see that it's full of window-licking retards who can't hack it in Junior College. That's really all the skill you need.
>>
>>17253319

MSI makes some awesome gaming laptops... just go to their website and look for them.

https://gaming.msi.com/products/notebook
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.