[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My gf has a terrible case of letting people walk all over her.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 417x500
My gf has a terrible case of letting people walk all over her. It's taken me a year to let her ease into telling me off when I need it and sticking up for herself.
>today
>large fight erupts between her and her roommates
>they kick her out for the most rediculous reasons.
>girls say then never want to be friends again
>gf says maybe one day

My girlfriend stood up for herself well, and is doing the right thing by not being hateful. But im angry at what they did to her and how they spoke to her. I will never forgive these girls and I can't stand the thought of my gf being friends with them again. How do I get over my hatred for these girls if my gf ever does try to reconcile?
>>
I can't believe she would ever want to reconcile with these people, they sound like massive cunts. If anyone ever kicked me out of my own house for stupid reasons I would never talk to them ever again.

You shouldn't have to get over your hatred of them, especially since it seems well justified. I think you should just try to be civil with them at the very least. You shouldn't have to like them, you only need to tolerate them.
>>
>>17253274
>How do I get over my hatred for these girls if my gf ever does try to reconcile?

You don't necessarily have to, unless they're your friends, as well. Let it be known to your girlfriend that if she wants to reconcile with her friends, not to make you a part of it.
>>
>>17253274
ridiculous*
also what is ridiculous is relative, you aren't part of that situation and therefore have incomplete knowledge, and it's not your problem to be hateful for. your role is to be supportive. to do anything else is to exacerbate the problem.
>>
>>17253274
You only know one side to the story.

Your gf could be a mega bitch.
>>
>>17253274
Take your GF to the gym.
Muscles will build confidence.
>>
>>17253316
>>17253308
>>17253308
I would like to be supportive. I was there for everything, it was rediculous. I was homeless for a few days. I kept a box on my gf's bed. My gf texted this to both roommates multiple times asking if it was okay, they did not respond for 4 days so I just brought the box over anyways. They came home and were appalled that they weren't aware of it. Turns out they both turned off their phones while on vacation. I want to be supportive but this is making my gf's life a living hell.
>>
>>17253318
This is a good idea thank you.
>>
>>17253302
I don't even think I'd be okay with her being friends again, because this put her back in the hole of not minding being walked on.
>>17253297
I don't know if I could be civil though, how can I get over people hurting the one I love.
>>
>>17253325
Im sorry I should explain more, this was the straw on the camels back for them. They thought we were very secretive in their apartment while they were away because they found out one time that I was over for a night while they were away for 3 months. They're both man hating fem-nazis, I honestly don't know how my gf has put up with them for this long.
>>
>>17253325
How the fuck did you spell ridiculous wrong after linking to a post that corrects your spelling twice?

Also what they supposedly did is relatively reasonable IMO. She probably wouldn't be happy if they had someone stay with them without her knowledge, why should she be able to do it without them getting mad?
>>
>>17253367
On phone, I don't know why Apple auto corrects somethings to the incorrect version sometimes it changes my thoughs to thoufhs. Also they have had people stay over for weeks without telling my gf, they have done this on multiple occasions.
>>
>>17253363
So what was the big fight about? I can understand where the roommates are coming from if it was a girls' house and you moved in without consulting with them first. I am a woman sharing a house with 2 other girls and the rule for boyfriends is they can stay over every now and again but if they want to live as a couple they have to get a new place because it's a weird dynamic. I used to move out when it was the other way around e.g. a boyfriend moves into the 2 bedroom apartment I'm sharing so I don't third wheel them.
>>
>>17253411
I moved a box in? I left afterwards. I was using her place as storage.
>>
>>17253428
A box of what? Why did you have to store things at her place? Did you ever talk to any of these girls?
>>
>>17253435
>>17253435
I've known both of these girls for longer then my gf, we've been good friends. Because of circumstances I had to become honeless for a few days, my storage locker was full so I moved this 2x2' box onto my gf's bed. We didnt expect it to cause all of this. The box contained memories of our relationship. But my question is how do I get over this instant grudge?
>>
>>17253458
Maybe talk it out with the girls. It doesn't make sense they all got mad and yelled at you and your gf to GTFO when they saw you carrying a big box. Were you already fighting? Did you do something else to piss them off? I get the feeling you're leaving something out.
>>
>>17253500
They gave my girlfriend relationship advice that was potentially poisonous I felt to our relationship. I talked to them about it calmly, they have felt very hateful towards me since. They will find any excuse to cause a ruckus. None of this should be about if they are right or wrong. They are crazy bitches, I want advice on how to get over my grudge, yes I've tried seeing it from their point of view, but as I explained, they're crazy bitches.
>>
>>17253512
Cut them out of your life.Simple.
>>
>>17253524
Definitely will, I just have this hatred though, and the worst part is I think I'd get upset if even my gf tried to be friends with them again.
>>
Tell your girlfriend of this keeps up then her personality is getting crushed everytime some walks over her and it's not good to keep it bottle.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.