[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a movie date always a bad idea? Otherwise do you have some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: moviedate.jpg (32 KB, 510x439) Image search: [Google]
moviedate.jpg
32 KB, 510x439
Is a movie date always a bad idea? Otherwise do you have some tips to pull it off?
Are horror movies the best choice?
>>
>>17252713
They're fine if you're getting food and drinks afterwards. Horror movies are not a good idea though.
>>
>>17252719
I see, thanks. I'll check if Independence Day or something like that is out already.
>>
You should go to the park, because that way you don't feel like she robbed you of your pocket money if the date doesn't end up anywhere.
>>
>>17252727
That makes sense though how do you ask someone to just go to the park for a date? (I know you didn't mean it literally).
As for the movie date I may have some context to make me asking her out for that date sound cute or funny because of some previous conversation I had with her.
>>
>>17252763
"We should go for a walk in the park and then get a drink/go get some food afterwards"
That simple m8
>>
>>17252713
Going to somewhere dark where you sit down and aren't allowed to talk is pretty dumb. The best date I've had was feeding bread to ducks at a park.

This is a different person to the other parkposter.
>>
>>17252859
From a female perspective, that sounds retarded. What he should do is propose they go out to get food or coffee or whatever, then when that's done, suggest going for a walk
>>
>>17252713

Horror movies are only good if the girl actually likes horror movies lmao... Also never just go to the movies. Have plans to always do dinner, or something else afterwards. My GF and I are chill so after the movies we usually just walk around and find a random place to eat food, or we go to a super market nearby and buy snacks and stuff...
>>
>>17252713
It depends entirely on how well you know your date. If you're shy with each other, a movie is fine. Then you get to share an experience, being in proximity, without having to directly interact. And when you're done, go for coffee or a drink and talk about the movie. Then end it before it gets awkward. Then it's not a disaster, and you can do something different next time.

The most important thing is to not screw it up so that you get a second date. Then, without being a beta, ask if she has any ideas. If not, suggest something more interactive, try a museum or gallery. Then again, coffee or drink and you can talk about what you saw and did.

Date number three: by now you should be more comfortable enough to do something even more interactive. It doesn't have to be something that is totally up her ally, just interesting enough and a little different. Put some thought into it. By the third date you should know whether she's into you sexually. Don't go more than three dates without making some kind of move, or she'll think you just want to be friends.
>>
>>17252906
>Doing the same things
>Proposed in a different order

Female logic everyone. This one needs to be returned because she is broken beyond repair.

>>17252713

OP, ask girl to a date at your local farmers market. Bitches love that shit. Its a public place and you dont really have to spend much money on her. Plus it opens the door to a fuckload of conversation.

Movies are a bad idea unless its in private. You cant talk in a public movie theater. So put the movies as the last thing on the date list. That way you two can vibe and stuff.
>>
>>17252713
fuuuck movie dates man. like another anon said, theyre fine if you eat afterward, but then again you could go eat after doing any other activity. plus if you're a poorfag like me, that shit is expensive af, and if you also plan to pay for her you may have to sell a fucking kidney.
if you've been with a girl a while and its something you both want to see then go for it but for initial dates with a person they arent all that great.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.