[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
topics of conversation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 293x172) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 293x172
I always feel like i have nothing to talk about
i'm not even a boring person, it's just the shit i do is not usually conversation material.
for example
> can't talk about the places i've traveled, people will think i'm a richfag showoff
> can't talk about exercise, people will think i'm a brofag showoff
> can't talk about my hobbies, i play in a band, people will think i'm a musicfag showoff
> can't talk about my car, people will think i'm a richfag showoff
> can't talk about buying art, people will think i'm a richfag showoff

why are people so unresponsive to all of the shit i do just because it costs money?
>>
>>17252378
Bc u r a rich and
They cant relate.

Make some rich friends with nice cars
>>
>>17252378

How about not just talk about yourself?
>>
>>17252378
im not rich but i do lift and play guitar and i always find good conversations with both. but i also have interests that have nothing to do with myself so maybe you should start there
>>
>>17252389
other people talk about themselves, why cant' i?
>>
>>17252398
do you find compelling conversation in those people? ever been on a date with someone who just talks about their shit? its far from interesting and like you said people think youre an arrogant cunt. talk about space, philosophy, tv dramas, books, other people
>>
>can't talk about the places i've traveled, people will think i'm a richfag showoff
"Have you ever traveled?" wait for them to respond and go from there. Don't one up them, don't list off every place that you've been. But if they mention they have or want to, then hear where they've been/want to go- and relate back to it. Tell them about your experience there, or say that you've heard it's a wonderful place and then mention a place similar in climate/common reasons for traveling there and talk about it.
>can't talk about exercise, people will think i'm a brofag showoff
Talk about it from the reasons you exercise and what it does for you emotionally and how enjoyable you find it. The same way you would normal hobbies. Save the amount you can bench for people who care and respond in a desire to talk about it.
>can't talk about my hobbies, i play in a band, people will think i'm a musicfag showoff
"I'm really into playing [instrument], I've been practicing since I was [age]" "wow that's so cool anon what kind of music do you play" "I play [genre], my friends and I started this band and it's really fun, maybe some day we'll make it big like [well known group in the same genre] haha"
>can't talk about my car, people will think i'm a richfag showoff
My uncle has some old car that looks really fancy and elaborate, with a custom paintjob too. Full midlife crisis. He talks about the car sometimes and no one thinks that about him, as with everything else on the list it's about not going in too far with the uninitiated and approaching it in ways that don't sound like bragging.
>can't talk about buying art, people will think i'm a richfag showoff
See above. You can talk about any of this if you know how. Just space it out over other topics so it's not "here's a list of all my achievements and coolest shit I'm so much better than you and this is my proof".

>why are people so unresponsive to all of the shit i do just because it costs money?
Because you don't know HOW to say it.
>>
File: Discuss.jpg (150 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
Discuss.jpg
150 KB, 500x670
>>17252398

If you want to talk about yourself, then talk and stop worrying about what other people will think about you or if you'll think your money is off putting. Perhaps it's not your topics that are uninteresting to people, but your delivery if it just seems to people that you require validation when you talk about them.
>>
First of all, when you meet new person you should have good posture and smile on your face - people will look at you with better attitude.
Ask questions about people, which are in conversation with you. People like to talk about them and maybe you will have the same interests, so you could just talk about your favourite activites.
Remember, you shouldn't think what people are thinking of your person. If you can't stop care then don't think that the person will think something wrong about you. Some people just can be in situation like you and they can feel the same with.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.