[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>started hearing voices about a year ago when I turned 30
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: redorbluepill.jpg (34 KB, 500x568) Image search: [Google]
redorbluepill.jpg
34 KB, 500x568
>started hearing voices about a year ago when I turned 30 after long history of drug abuse, mainly psychedelics
>almost got fired from job of 10 years for being dumb/delusional
>been clean and sober since then
>voices got worse. began having full conversations with one of them.
>assumed I could hide this from everyone including family/therapist
>soon began hearing other people's thoughts
>became tricky for me to function at work
>this one voice convinced me to quit suddenly
>didn't show up to work, went on roadtrip instead (per advice of voice)
>didn't get fired thanks to parents stepping in for me
>on disability, got bipolar diagnosis
>haven't told anyone about the voices
>haven't been taking my mood stabilizer
>why oh why didn't I take the blue pill
>stopped taking advice from "ai voice" as I call her
>parents expect me to go back to work like last week
>just have to make a phone call
>back to 50k enslavement (plus benefits)
>added bonus of schizophrenia

what do?
>>
Don't buy an AR-15.
>>
>>17252251
ok

I'm thinking I should just give work another go and try to sleep better...maybe exercising again. Now that I know it was in my head hopefully I can just make healthier choices and stuff...
>>
What country are you from?
My mom's friend's daughter is Schizophrenic. She was since she was 15 or so and she still hears voices. Now she lives at her own place and lives on welfare. She takes medicine and I always see her shopping in the city when I'm on my way home from school. I don't know what else she does.
I think you should talk with your therapist about it.. If he/she recommends pills and you don't like to take the medication ask if there's alternatives?

I once had the same feelings. I thought I could read others thoughts and I still feel like others can read my thoughts. I also thought a woman was making voodoo on me. I thought the world would end and I thought the authorities were after me and that they were tracking my phone so I left my phone at home when I went for a walk. Also I can't be around my dad for some reason. what should I do? Well know I just isolated myself.. :/
>>
>>17252194
Oh and eat healthy! Like super healthy.. I guess that might help too
My therapist said that exercising is really important and good against mental illness
>>
>>17252385
in the states

I wonder if it's harder hearing voices so young. One fear is I am worried if I go the meds route and tell people the truth, that it'll be a permanent crutch and I won't want to work for my well-being by exercise, diet, etc

All of those same things happen to me too...almost exactly. Actually on two occasions I took the battery out of my phone or disabled gps because I thought I was being tracked
>>
Buy a shot load of weapons now in case you ever need them in the future and are unable to get them. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>17252194
50k!? A year? Where do you work? I'd sell my ass for 50k a year holy shit and with benefits! What the fuck man, it's like they lube it up first
>>
You need to tell them about the voices
>>
>>17252609
I'm sorry not where but what do you work as, in other words what do you do***
>>
>>17252609
well I was working in pharmacy, but I can't go back to it because I stupidly told a coworker that I had done psychs in the past and she told my boss. I actually have no idea what I would be doing when I go back
>>
>>17252653
I don't think it won't matter unless you have taken them recently and it shows in a drug test. If it does your in trouble if it don't than I'm not sure what they will be making you do. What do you do in the pharmacy? Did you go to school for it? Did you take psychs while you where in school?
>>
>>17252689
I did some school but not for pharmacy and I didn't finish. Pharmacists make way more than 50k but also most young ones (like my boss) have tons of debt just starting. I think she told me she has 200k loan....I started out as just helping around and outside of the pharmacy and ended up studying for and taking a technician's exam,

Then I was doing pretty much what a pharmacist does except give people advice/info on their meds. Plus a lot of grunt work. It actually wasn't so bad and I'll miss some of it, considering I didn't intend to fuck it up.

Been doing psychs since I was 17, started before I even graduated high school
>>
>>17252614
Yeah I see this advice a lot in various mental health forums, more often than the opposite.

I know once I do then there's no undoing it, so I'm just being careful and considering the consequences.

I've come to realize a big part of my illness is likely due to numerous factors and hope to address them using methods I know will help and without antipsychs which might not even work...in other words I'd like to see if I can't fix myself first, then go that route if needed.
>>
Those voices are your own thoughts.

Normally people don't hear their thoughts because they know those voices are there own. So they don't talk to those voices.

When you start communicating with your own thoughts all kinds of weird ideas pop up. That's schizophrenia. And if you don't take your drugs it will get a lot worse. Because schizophrenia also means your brain functions are decreasing. Medicine slow that down.
>>
>>17252815
For a normal person his thoughts are just some background noise they don't even notice.
For someone with schizophrenia it seems like it's another person. So the whole dynamics between you and your thoughts change. And then often persona's are given to their imaginary friends, which become increasingly real as you drill them in.
>>
>>17252194

>I abused drugs for a long time and now my life's a mess.

Huh. Imagine that.

>Things are hard now and I don't want them to be hard. How do I make them not be hard?

Go back in time and listen to all the people who told you not to fool around with drugs.

>That advice doesn't help me out now, asshole.

Well, shit, you used up all the fucks people had to give when you were ignoring their advice about drugs. So now that you're a burden to society, it's really hard for anyone to give a shit, anon. Go chat up a social worker, I hear they love pity cases.
>>
>>17252759
There's know sugarcoating it, you will get put on antiphsycs they can have some terrible side effects, but living with schizophrenia is not a valid option imo, you hurtyourself or others. You could possibly get to the point where you overcome the schizophrenia and the stigma with it and there have also been great people who have lived with it
>>
>>17252982
It's really not that hard, just...different since the voices started.

Difficulty at work went way up, but that was because I was forced to switch stores after an incident involving a female coworker around the same time. My new store was 1hr+ commute both ways and my new schedule involved 2 4am shifts (on weekends) and 2 night shifts during the week, plus I was working 6 days a week to make up for being demoted to part time.

Am I complaining? Did I come here for pity? No, only I am responsible for my past and future actions.

I just wish there were more people in my life when I was young who weren't into drugs/alchohol. Maybe things would be different if everybody I knew wasn't into it, and my own parents didn't encourage it. That female coworker? She was my fiance and knew I had a drug problem that I was trying my damndest to fix. What did she do before she broke up with me? She gave me drugs. Then she filed a harassment complaint against me for trying to talk to her at work.

Also I've been happily paying taxes in an upper income bracket for 10 years now to help support people who are a "burden to society" so I guess I should enjoy my 3 months of unpaid disability where I have yet to receive a single payment due to my doctor's incompetence. Good thing I was somewhat responsible and saved up some money all these years so that I've been able to pay all the $100s in relentless medical bills.
>>
>>17253145
You want advice. There is only one advice to give. Go to a fucking therapist and get medication. Why is it Schizophrenics are the ONLY ones with a mental disability that refuse point blank to go on medication. Not only are you making your own life harder, you are potentially putting people at risk because of your fucking stubborness.

This is the ONLY advice you deserve. Get on the fucking medication.
>>
The voices are part of nature and by extension God. Do you want to stifle the divine? Medication will do nothing but numb you and prevent you from ever becoming.
>>
>>17252982
I bet you get drunk on a regular basis and will pop any pill from a pharmacy. B-b-but mummy and daddy said illicit d-drugs were bad.
>>
>>17253196
Have you ever taken anti-psychotic meds before? No you haven't and hopefully you will never have to. I took my mood stabilizer as prescribed and the drowsiness was unbearable. With the addition of a schizo drug I wonder how I will ever drive my car 2 hours daily without killing myself and/or someone else.

How is hearing voices being a danger to others?
>>
>>17252194
Tell your therapist about the voices.
>>
>>17253196
>Why is it Schizophrenics are the ONLY ones with a mental disability that refuse point blank to go on medication.

lolno, plenty of mentally ill people have trouble taking meds. And it's not like it's just a matter of swallowing something and everything's all better.
>>
OP, here is a video where someone talks about dealing with her voices. It's interesting. Watch it and maybe think about finding a support group or something that deals specifically with schizophrenia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syjEN3peCJw
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.