[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my friend is having birthday tomorrow so I made her a box
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1234.jpg (4 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
4 KB, 225x224
So my friend is having birthday tomorrow so I made her a box for the present. I didn't find any nice wrapping paper so I just figured out I'm gonna just glue some picture on the white box to make it look nice. Unfortunately I thought that it's gonna be easy to formate the image so it'd fit on the box in illustrator so I could print it.

It's not a big box but still big enough for me not being able to print the picture on A4, that's the biggest my printer can print. I found out that I'm noob at that program and I wasn't able to make any progress after I made the visualisation of the box. Could anyone more skilled than me please help me with this? I don't want to give up on it now when I have the box already in my mind. Fuck.

https://mega.nz/#!gdJmBLTA!tlb8RFTUsbJgBB3qxZb14SwzSM5m16VIDN9wxyoBKVE

It probably looks shady as fuck but I didn't know of any better way than send the Illustrator project and the pics in archive. Thanks if anyone'd be that kind and helped me with this.
>>
File: lkl.png (159 KB, 448x521) Image search: [Google]
lkl.png
159 KB, 448x521
Or if anyone could just advice me how to format the pictures so I could print them...
>>
>>17252183
It's wrapping paper , isn't she going to tear it all to pieces?

After you spent so much time on it???
>>
>>17252257
Nah, man, you didn't understand what I was trying to achieve here. It won't be a wrapping paper, I'm gonna print it on papers and then glue it on the outside of the box. It's gonna be a box with adventure time design permanently. It'll be like two presents in one, the one on the inside and a nice box.
>>
>>17252292
Oooooh

What if you just cut the pictures out individually and then glue them in? Without doing the 5 piece box template thingy on illustrator?
>>
>>17252292
Not op. Call me weird, but this is exactly why I don't participate in birthday rituals. What's the point of doing all this? So the person in return gives me [item] in shape of my fav [something], while I smile through my teeth pretending I liked it?

Sorry if this sounded rude or like a downer. Probably not helping you much, but then again why do something you're not good at. Give them something you CAN do and ENJOY doing. It would make more sense to me then.
>>
Okay, so I got an idea now. Since I know the sizes of sides of the box, I just need to cut the image into them. Where could I do this? Illustrator seems too difficult for me.
>>
>>17252318
It's nothing dude, I just like details and when I get into something I just want to do it all nice and shit. It's not a difficult task, I'm just being a sperg in this. I don't have to do this shit, but I know it'll make her happy, I wouldn't do this to anyone who would just threw it away y'know. I'm just like you, I don't really give a fuck about what I get, I just want to make her happy I know the shit aroung is not important, but anyway.
>>
Also I don't do this often, like, never.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.