[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I deal with the fact that no one in the world has the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
How do I deal with the fact that no one in the world has the same memories as me and lived through the same experiences as me? It makes me feel so crushingly lonely.
>>
Is this 5cm per second pic?
You should appreciate how unique you are and that you can learn about different experiences from different people and share yours.
Be interested in external world m8
>>
>>17251651
You start by realizing that you're not special. Sure, your experience is yours alone. That doesn't mean that you can't share in that with others and make connections.
>>
>>17251662
Dunno, just a random pic I had in my folder

>Be interested in external world m8
Well that's the thing, I'm not. Maybe I'm just selfish but I don't care about other people's experiences, they can be interesting to listen to but they feel alien to me, I can't relate to them.

Also I'm not unique, just a random normie. But no matter how similar another person's experiences may be to my own, if they are not the exact same (as in, we experienced them together) I don't care for that person.

I have this strong desire to find my childhood acquaintances again, but I don't care at all for forging new connections with new people.

>>17251665
I know. But for some reason I still have no motivation to connect with anyone except people from my memories. I could feign interest but that feels shallow.
>>
>>17251675
You're not a "normie". Well adjusted normal people can feel empathy towards other people's experiences. They don't have to be exactly the same for that to happen. In fact, much of the time they don't even have to be very similar.

Practice picturing how you would feel in someone's shoes when they tell you something that happened. Practice imagining any of the minute physical feelings or emotional ones that would accompany what they're telling you. If they describe that emotion, practice imagining it yourself.

People do that naturally without having to consciously imagine it towards other people. If you tell someone your experiences, how lonely you feel for instance, they will relate to you based on their experiences and feelings with regards to loneliness.

If trying the above doesn't help you, go to therapy. Seriously I think you might need it.
>>
>>17251651
>I'm 19 years old and have experienced so much in life blah blah blah

FTFY
>>
>>17251687

I can imagine what they felt like in whatever situation they are telling me about, so I think I have empathy, but I can't really relate or care much for establishing a connection with them.

I am going to a psychologist next week, although it's for a different issue. Guess I'll ask them about it.

>>17251715
Thanks
>>
>>17251651
We're all together in our loneliness OP, and we can relate to each other in that. No one has had the same experiences you have, and no one has had the same experiences that I have, so that's the thing that we all have in common.
>>
File: latest.jpg (71 KB, 400x613) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
71 KB, 400x613
I get what you are saying. The thing is times change and people change. All the people from your past that you havent seen or talked to in a few years are different. Sure, you can call them up and talk about your good ol days but that will only go so far. You will find they (most likely) have now moved on and made new memories so eventually you will see these people as strangers.

Of course this is my opinion but i have met up with old friends and it was fun and all but it wasnt like it was. We all grew apart, for better or worse.
>>
>>17251806
That's a nice way to think about it, I suppose.

>>17251832
I realize this too. It only makes me more sad.. I know even if I did meet up with my old friends, they wouldn't be the same. They grew up and changed over the years, and the flow of time around us will feel totally different to how it was back then.

My old city, even if it hasn't changed much, will look different because of how my perspective changed. I just wish I could go back in time and re-live my childhood again...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.