[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
acne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: Photo on 2016-06-13 at 12.52.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2016-06-13 at 12.52.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
What's the best way to get rid of acne /adv/? I have washed my face every day with cleaners for acne for a long time, and it still won't go away.
>>
>>17251568
have you seen a dermatologist and asked about accutane? I haven't tried it but I have a friend that had acne a little worse than yours and it cleared that up a few years ago and it hasn't come back since. The only side effect he complained about was diarrhea.
>>
>>17251584
I'm going to see one soon, but i don't know if they could give me anything that could help me.
>>
This won't get rid of acne but it'll make it a lot better:

>stop touching your face
>shower more often
>wash you face with cold water every time it feels sweaty
>replace all drinks with water, stop the soda
>stop eating sugar
>stop eating dairy
>eat more vegetables
>change your pillowcase more often, or put a clean towel over your pillow
>>
Use salicylic acid wipes (stridex or oxy, available anywhere) on entire face every day

Use benzoyl peroxide cream (oxy brand works well) directly on inflamed areas, this will dry out oily/dead skin and reduce inflammation.

Get makeup remover sheets or oil absorbing sheets and use them all over your face every night before bed. Make sure you sleep on clean sheets, and try not to touch your face or pick at your skin.

No need to change diet or many behaviors, this stuff should do the trick.

good luck.
>>
>>17251594
This
>>
>>17251606

Don't do any of this. Don't use cleansers at all. Cold water and scrubbing with hands. Cleansers are what fucked your face in the first place. They screw up how your skin conditions itself.
>>
>>17251584
this
> had serious problem with acne
> no advice or various perscription meds worked
> retinoid / accutane fixed acne in week

still got scars because I start to late so hurry up OP
>>
Go to a dermatologist. There was a time when I looked almost like pic related.

Everything was gone in two months. Shit's really good.

With what this >>17251594 anon said you'll get rid of ALL your acne in three months.
>>
>>17251606
>Use: shit-ton of chemicals
>Don't use: healthy food and some simple lifestyle adaptations i.e. fucking washing your face with water and putting a clean towel over your pillow every night
>good luck.
yes, good fucking luck
>>
>>17251568
Accutane is the best route. I took it last year for 6 months. Side effects? Dry skin, some depression or bad thoughts, diahria worst case scenario. Its worth it.
>>
>>17252506
people that haven't experienced it aren't able to comprehend how much it affects your self confidence. that alone is worth whatever side effects come from the medicine.
>>
>>17251568
Wash your face with soap at least twice a day and apply Acnomel immediately afterward. That shit works wonders.
>>
here's something most people won't advise you to do. STOP PUTTING ALL THAT SHIT ON YOUR FACE. seriously. water. nothing else. I have not used soap on my face for the last like, fuck I don't even know except in situations where I am extremely filthy. my face used to look like yours, I used all the products you can think of, I listened to my grandma who used to be a dermatological nurse, no fucking go. it all stopped when I stopped washing all the oils off my skin and irritating the fuck out of my skin with chemicals.

the catch is this, you need to make sure you wash your face twice a day. and you need to be thorough. don't and you will get a zit.

thats it dude. water. all you need.

also, try washing your hair only every three days or so
>>
I solved my acne by using brown paper towels to wipe away oil and I stopped using hot water and all soaps on my face. Acne was gone in 2 weeks. I had previously tried all the dumb shit like proactive etc.
>>
Found this on r9k recently:

Anon, don't give up. Follow these steps:

#1 Buy the following book: "Life without bread" by Dr. Wolfgang Lutz.

#2 Read the book mentioned above.

#3 Follow the diet elaborated in the above mentioned book.

#4 As an addition: Don't eat any foods that have a high glycamic load ("load", not index!).

#5 Optional: Buy yourself MSM and take at least 2g a day.

#6 Optional: Buy spirulina algae and take them daily.

#7 Optional: You can make a wonderful skin mask with spirulina powder and water.

#8 Optional: Don't use anything on your face except water and aleppo soap, which is a natural soap.

If the non-optional #s do not work, follow as many optional #s in order to get your problem fixed.
>>
You'll need the following tools:

>One super fine-tipped pin or needle, typically found at sewing supply stores
>One pair of needle nosed pliers
>One pair of regular pliers.
>Two chopsticks
>Two pennies
>One comedone extractor
>Hydrogen Peroxide
>Rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
>Cotton balls and Q-tips.
>Small circular band-aids.

All of these tools are of course used to enable and enhance your ability to poke, puncture, squeeze, and pop your zits such that the puss and blood from the deepest depth of each pimple is sent shooting out of the surface of your skin and onto the nearest mirror, followed by immediate first-aid for each after. That's just how its done in America.
>>
>>17251584
>>17251659
>>17252506
Do these, getting prescribed medication is the only thing that will work.

>>17251594
>>17251606
>>17251647
>>17251661
>>17252792
>>17253018
>>17253117
>>17253141
Ignore this broscience
>>
I have to say the single most important things for me were:
1) a oil-free non-comedogenic moisturizer
2) Gentle Cleanser
3) Lots of water (this is probably the most important thing... I had frequent pimples and acne in highschool, but my final year I stopped drinking orange juice, pop, etc... I usually drink around 1.5-2L or water a day, and that cleared up my skin faster than proactiv, clerogen, and exposed skin care. I ain't lying when I say that water is the single most important thing you can do)
>>
I used to have mild acne for years. The best thing I ever did was stop using cleansers and shit. I get the occasional zit but nothing compared to what i used to get. I just wash my face with cold water if it feels too greasy.

Also my face cleared up around the time I stopped eating meat but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
>>
>>17253153
>broscience
bitch please.

OP, dry skin and a fucked up bacterial biome that you constantly deplete means that harmful bacteria proliferates on your skin causing acne. you don't have acne, you have a facial infection, that's why antibiotics work for acne. if you focus on keeping your skin moisturized and promoting a healthy bacterial biome then you'll find your acne goes away. how do you do this? stop using all that bullshit that is drying your skin out and inflaming it; inflamation being an immune response which means that your body will target bad bacteria more aggressively leading to more acne the more you piss off your face and inflame it btw. if you just use water you'll be fine. what are you doing that your face is so disgusting that you need to scrub it with soap twice a day? gently get rid of excess oils with slightly warm water and a soft cloth and then use a lotion or moisturizer afterward if you feel like your skin is dry. this practice also means you're not using chemicals or medications that constantly deplete the good bacteria on your skin that keep bad bacteria like staph and ecoli and all kinds of other shit in check.

its not bro science, its regular science. google it. your body's bacterial biome is incredibly important to most of your functions and the oils your body produces are completely normal and necessary. people got on for centuries without all this chemical crap we slather ourselves in to call ourselves clean. I'm not even some kind of hippy, just like you, I used to have acne and the only way that I was able to get rid of it and not become dependent on some ridiculous ass expensive regime of chemicals and medications was to stop abusing my face.

>>17253153
you impune the legitimacy of my word, advance on my position brethren.
>>
>>17251568
Go to the doctor, get accutane son. Some people's acne can't be helped any other way.
>>
File: 1464044874972.png (532 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1464044874972.png
532 KB, 500x363
>drink 5L+ of water daily
>change your pillow cover every day or use a clean tower daily
>wash your face with soap, dry and apply moisturizer
>take an ear cleaner, dip it in alcohol and apply to each pimple individually 2 times per day (morning/evening)
>use scrub once per week
>go suntanning

I had facial acne and horrible back acne. Sunbathing literally dried out the pimples and they just popped out. This is your best bet.

>.t someone who had really bad acne and cured it with the methods above
>>
>>17252506
Imo, the depression and disturbing thoughts weren't worth it at all. It's been three years since I took it and I'm still dealing with the side effects.

Just wash your face and wait out puberty. Accutane isn't worth it.
>>
>>17253365
>you impune the legitimacy of my word, advance on my position brethren.
I almost shat myself laughing.

Not the guy you're responding to. I've tried everything to get rid of my acne except for water only rinsing and what I'm currently trying. If my current activities don't work... I'll be trying your method
>>
>>17251568
Clean with a cotton pad soaked in apple vinegar thinned with water. Every morning and evening. Don't wash with water afterwards, just leave it to dry on air or dry with towel. Wash your hands and towels often.
>>
>>17254074
Oh and also this.
>>17251594
It isn't broscience, it's proven that your skin is affected of what you eat. Where else do you think goes the junk you eat to.
>>
>>17254074
Also don't use any creams lotions etc. Ever. They're only unnecessary shit people want to sell to make monies.
>>
>>17252792
Give this a go. I did and it seriously worked when i was younger.

Wash twice. Use lots of water a little lather from bar soap. Keep your hands away from your face and the second your cheeks, forehead, nose, whatever feels greasy or dirty rinse it off with water and pat it dry with a CLEAN towel.

Drink water and only water. 3 liters a day if you can. No soda, no candy, no chocolate, and avoid greasy foods that might smear on your face as you eat them (pizza, fried chicken, etc).

When you're out in the sun, be aware that your skin will start secreting oil. Have some CLEAN napkins or wipes handy to pat your face clean. Wear sunscreen for sensitive skin.

Get to bed on time and eat healthy.

And above all, don't stress buddy. You're a handsome guy and this is nothing to worry about.
>>
>>17251568
Change your diet - eat more healthy, unprocessed foods.
Drink plenty water.
Get more time in the sun.
touch your face less.
change your pillow case more often
drink green tea (don't over do the green tea, all things in moderation) eat more carrots (only raw carrots - they make a great snack) and cucumber.
>>
Betadine, an over-the-counter cleanser, worked for me.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.