[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boyfriend's little sister is 13 years old entering high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 297x170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 297x170
My boyfriend's little sister is 13 years old entering high school this fall. The problem is that she sleeps in her parents' room every night and has a room full of stuffed animals and doll houses.
Despite all efforts to make her sleep in her own room or get her to stop watching little kids tv shows, she refuses to change. Even the parents refuse to force her to do anything, or teach her how to do chores or cook or do her own laundry. When he moved her bed into her own room, the father moved it back.

How the hell do I get this high school girl to stop sleeping in her parents bedroom watching cartoons for little kids and playing with dolls when the parents won't step in to do anything about it? I've never dealt with any child like this before.
>>
First of all, why do you have to deal with this? If she's happy and her parents are happy, what's it to you?
>>
>>17249673
It's not your responsibility to do anything, and you shouldn't bother. She's not your sister.

She's made it this far, and she can make it further. If HS is going to be rough for her, then she'll toughen up and you can help her with that journey. Right now, just let her be.
>>
>>17249673
who the fuck are you to try to make someone conform to your norms?
maybe she's happy like this
maybe she has a mental disability that the brother and you don't know about

kindly fuck off and mind your own business.
>>
Out of your appropriate authority, do not pursue this.
>>
>>17249673
don't worry about it. a good month or 2 in highschool and she'll become your typical teenage slut
>>
>>17249838
This is pretty much the best answer. There is nothing like peer pressure to grow a girl up.
>>
>>17249700
Ah yes the vague "mental disability" that covers anything and everything so you don't actually have to think of a real mental illness like a fucking idiot.
Haha kill yourself retard
>>
>>17250143
autism
aspergers
schizophrenia

maybe you're the idiot here. just about any developmental disorder would explain everything you said in the OP.
>>
File: frisk ref.png (130 KB, 722x990) Image search: [Google]
frisk ref.png
130 KB, 722x990
>>17249700
go back to tumblr

c:
>>
>>17249678
They're happy now, but when the child gets older life is going to be way harder for her than if she were somewhat prepared for it. I would almost call it cruel of the parents.
>>
>>17249673
Has it seemed to affect her? Does she appear sheltered, or off in anyway?
>>
She's a girl. Peer pressure and boys eager to fuck her will grow her up. Once she tastes the dick and the powers she has by tasting the dick, she will never look back at dolls.
She will be just your average slut. The only problem is if she's fugly.
>>
>>17249673
In precisely what way is this any of your business?

Leave her alone and let peer pressure do the job. The minute she starts wanting to invite high school girl friends to her home and realizes what it will look like, she'll make things look more "normal".
>>
>>17250168
I have _______. It's okay for me to do weird shit and be maladjusted my whole life.
>>
>>17249673
I have a student (guitar teacher fag here) that's 12 who is very much like this. Very very sheltered and childish. She's a very bright, talented, and motivated girl, though.

Ultimately, I think kids grow at their own paces and 13 isn't exactly that old for this kind of behavior.

I occasionally slept in my parents room at 12. And I watched Spongebob and had stuffed animals for most of my teens.

Eventually, she will develop an interest in sex and begin to distance herself from her childish ways. But there's no reason to rush it.
>>
>>17249673
I was like that at that age, no its not really normal per say, but all that shit went away when I was like 15.
>>
>>17249673
Might be a different situation but I slept with my mother until 12 because my father was an abusive alcoholic and that was the only way to stop him from beating her at night.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.