[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a narcissist for wanting to know what it's like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1465064994963.jpg (25 KB, 458x360) Image search: [Google]
1465064994963.jpg
25 KB, 458x360
Am I a narcissist for wanting to know what it's like to have a guy crush on you?
>>
No, not in and of itself, the narcissism comes in the next step of what do you plan to do with the situation wherein a guy crushes on you.
>>
>>17249564
I haven't thought that far.
>>
Actually, in a similar vein of thought, do you guys also wonder a lot about what other people say about you? Not necessarily gossip, but I'm always curious about how people describe me to someone who doesn't know me.
Anyone else like that? Is THAT narcissistic?
>>
>>17249712
that's pretty normal, idk why people throw around "narcissistic" all the time

I mean as long as you aren't obsessing over what people say about you
>>
>>17249712
No it really isn't.

I get curious to know what people think. It's not always as bad as people say. I wonder to myself what kinds of girls have crushed on me that I didn't know about. And when they crushed on me, what were they thinking? Like, what kind of relationship did they fantasize about having with me? Were there sexual thoughts involved, and if so to what extent? Would we have been compatible and had a meaningful relationship, had one of us pulled the trigger?
>>
Narcissism is one of those spectrum things- it's considered maladaptive and an illness when the normal human behaviour or trait is extreme.

Wanting to be loved, wanting to be liked, being insecure whether people appreciate you -these are absolutely and completely normal feelings for a person.

If you're on 4chan asking about it, you might be on the sensitive side, but once again that's normal and plenty of people are sensitive to this stuff.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.