[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is, "Are you fucking kidding me?," condescending? Girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Patty.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Patty.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Is, "Are you fucking kidding me?," condescending? Girlfriend told me I was being super condescending to her with that comment, but that was in reaction to something dumb that she did. We were already fighting.
>>
i wouldn't call it condescending specifically, but it is insensitive, especially as you both were already on thin ice
>>
How did you mean for it to sound? Flattering?

Tone accounts for everything. Based on context, however, it seems like you did mean for it to be a hurtful come-back to something. Whether it was warranted or not is hard to say.
>>
>>17249517
Just incredulous about the thing she did. Pissed about it as well.
>>
>>17249531
What did she do?
>>
maybe she doesn't know what condescending is, you should send her a text message with the dictionary definition of it.
>>
>>17249479
Depends how you said it, but it probably wasn't. Doesn't mean it wasn't rude.
>>
>>17249479
it can be. depends on tone and context, like pretty much anything else a person could say.
>>
>>17249554
lel
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.